KR Models announced intention: Haydock Foundry 0-6-0WT 'Bellerophon'

Edwardian

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, DavidH said:

A box popped up on the browser I normally don't use for Facebook, with a tiny "Not Now" button to click at the bottom. You still end up with a banner at the bottom, but you can see what's on the page.

image.png.3bfe49d9f7d99f01d9b8d840c6f5536a.png

Of course, that's only testing one browser - Chrome - I can't speak for other operating systems and browsers.

The original link quoted has now been changed to an open one, I think that the poster inadvertantly linked via his profile which would have meant logging in to view. I have never signed up to FB so that isn't an option, but as you suggest in your post if it is a 'public' page you can usually view it lthough that pop up is annoying.

If KR put progress on ther own website it might just be easier than using a third party site. 

• Like 2

On 06/06/2021 at 09:11, DavidH said:

A box popped up on the browser I normally don't use for Facebook, with a tiny "Not Now" button to click at the bottom. You still end up with a banner at the bottom, but you can see what's on the page.

image.png.3bfe49d9f7d99f01d9b8d840c6f5536a.png

Of course, that's only testing one browser - Chrome - I can't speak for other operating systems and browsers.

At least the message wasn't "Not Now Cato", otherwise Burt Kwouk might have popped up instead ...

the-pink-panther-strikes-again.jpg

• Funny 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Edwardian said:

Received an email about an hour ago saying "The order book will be open soon, and we expect demand to be very strong. We will only be making a limited quantity of each livery." :D

Seems to be a rinse and repeat headline used by all the smaller manufacturers, where as the bigger ones say “very high demand and almost sold out at the warehouse”.

its becoming over used, i’m becoming immune…

a 2nd run can always be made, and ebay always delivers.

Edited by adb968008
  • Like 5

Not that I blame them for it; they likely need to ammortise their tooling etc costs on the first run, so really need to sell the lot quickly and not have stock sitting on the shelves for any long length of time.

For me, I plan to order two straight away in any case. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The order book seemed to be opened in stages.  At first there were no livery options offered.  I jumped in anyway.  Now I am dependent on email to get my preference recorded, and KR has not been very good in that regard before. 

• Friendly/supportive 3

7 hours ago, KymN said:

The order book seemed to be opened in stages.  At first there were no livery options offered.  I jumped in anyway.  Now I am dependent on email to get my preference recorded, and KR has not been very good in that regard before. 

Oh, 'cos I think O was pretty quick off the mark, and I was offered the choice of livery options.  

I hope I've ordered the brown one!

• Like 1

On 20/08/2021 at 23:51, meatloaf said:

NCB for me, although i wish i couldve paid monthly rather than quaterly

Hi, could you tell me where you got that option? I've gone to do that but find I only seem to be able to pay in full now as there's no other option when I add to my basket.

• 5 months later...

I'm not sure it was ever actually announced. The original order book had "Preservation brown" and a photo of the early livery. I did email to ask which brown it was but didn't get a response. Anyway, ordered brown and green and recently saw the two brown options so checked the order on the most recent payment and the brown one on that order is now shown as "preservation dark brown" which is the one I wanted. So if you've ordered brown on the original order because you want the early one it might be worth checking. According to the update from KR today the early preservation brown will be the only one with the half cab and that tooling will be commencing soon.

On 16/02/2022 at 17:15, Ribird said:

I'm sorry if I missed this, but when was the dark brown preservation livery announced?

I only knew of the three (NCB Green, Preservation Light Brown, and delivery black).

Edited by Karl
Typo

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Karl said:

According to the update from KR today the early preservation brown will be the only one with the half cab and that tooling will be commencing soon.

The e mail from KR Models says the folliwing:

We will be offering the half cab option for the early light brown option only, as it was converted to a full cab very soon after delivery.

• 5 months later...

Hi folks, looking to pre-order this and had a question - just wondered why the Bellerophon locomotive DDC ready version is listed as £160 but when I add to the cart it is now £192? Is it because I'm located in the UK?

Have asked KR models direct but wanted to ask those of you who have bought it already if they had the same thing...

• RMweb Gold

As far as I can ascertain the price shown on their website does not make clear - as it is legally required to do so - that their prices in GB£s do not include VAT on the sale price of the item being ordered.  It doesn't matter if they are based in Canada or Timbuktu - goods offered for sale in the UK priced in £s are legally required to either include VAT in the advertised price -

Section 2.2.7 of SI  The Consumer Protection (Code of Practice For Traders on Price Indications)  Approval Order 2005. (and also referencing SI the Consumer Protection Order of 1987.

You are therefore legally entitled to assume that the price advertised is what you will pay plus any P&P etc charges.  (If VAT is not included that could be made clear where the price is shown although the SI requires the price shown to include VAT).  Any breaches of the requirement of the SI should be reported to your local Trading Standards office.

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, The Stationmaster said:

You are therefore legally entitled to assume that the price advertised is what you will pay plus any P&P etc charges.  (If VAT is not included that could be made clear where the price is shown although the SI requires the price shown to include VAT).  Any breaches of the requirement of the SI should be reported to your local Trading Standards office.

Not necessarily. Wholesalers can display ex-vat prices if they wish (though if they also take orders from the general public a 'inc vat' price is usually shown) see https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/aluminium-capacitors/7111110 for example

Edited by phil-b259
  • Agree 1

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Has there been any update on this project? The KR website says "In stock" but the descriptive info states delivery 2023.

I'm undecided which option to go for, delivery black or one of the preservation browns - it may be me (probably is!) but I can't spot any details of cab or detail options which would inform my choice. I have emailed KR, so hopefully I'll get a response!

Cheers,

Mark

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 2996 Victor said:

Has there been any update on this project? The KR website says "In stock" but the descriptive info states delivery 2023.

I'm undecided which option to go for, delivery black or one of the preservation browns - it may be me (probably is!) but I can't spot any details of cab or detail options which would inform my choice. I have emailed KR, so hopefully I'll get a response!

Cheers,

Mark

I also emailed a month or so ago and they said artwork etc would be up soon so hopefully anytime.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Just heard back from Keith at KR Models. Expected delivery is next year although that's subject to change, of course.

For anyone like me who couldn't work it out, cab options are: half-cab for delivery black and early preservation light brown; full cab for NCB and preservation dark brown.

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1