Thanks Danny cash raised yesterday going towards getting some of the Bo'ness 37's mainline

including 37025 which is to have its steam heat boiler re-instated :D

Regards

Dave

great pics, aint been to Bo'ness for a while, its just a shame they dont have a couple of blue grey coaches to haul behind all of thos lovely banger blue locos.

bry

DOH!!!!!!! It had to be this sunday 37025 was out and about for most of the day, I woke up today and thought I would pop up to see what was going on but never got round to it!!! I went last week and saw 27001 on the 1645 out and back, was quite happy to see 27001 it but 37025 would have been better!

What have you started Dave! After looking at the photo's it got me thinking about a potential trip up north. I am now extremely tempted by some bargain tickets both for Virgin and East Coast for trains to Glasgow/Edinburgh. Found a couple of Travelodges at around £29 a night. Am wondering whether to go with the boy up there for a couple of days in the summer hols. There's even the tempter of getting bargain berth on a sleeper!

I'm quite interested by the stock at the railway, are visitors allowed to look round the sheds at all? Would quite like to see the 126 DMU and 303 EMU.

What have you started Dave! After looking at the photo's it got me thinking about a potential trip up north. I am now extremely tempted by some bargain tickets both for Virgin and East Coast for trains to Glasgow/Edinburgh. Found a couple of Travelodges at around £29 a night. Am wondering whether to go with the boy up there for a couple of days in the summer hols. There's even the tempter of getting bargain berth on a sleeper!

I'm quite interested by the stock at the railway, are visitors allowed to look round the sheds at all? Would quite like to see the 126 DMU and 303 EMU.

Oh yes, thats the best bit the depot tour :D! When I was at the diesel gala last summer we got the full tour, the 303 sadly is in really poor external condition but have been told internally its kind of ok. The 126 sometimes gets shuffled around the station area too.

Photos from the old forum of a depot tour

• 5 years later...

Archived