Awful customer service by Hattons

stuclark

Hattons took it upon themselves to cancel my Hornby APT pre-order today - they didn't bother phoning or sending me a personal email; I just got a generic one with no detail at all!

So I phoned them - the first time they said "oh yeah, we've cancelled it because we didn't get the stock allocation we wanted"; then *went to check something* and hung up! The second phone call, I got someone else who sounded like he couldn't care less. Didn't offer any further explanation - said "no, you'll never be able to order it from us" and was absolutely un-interested in the appalling customer service!

My pre-order was made with Hattons the day the model became available for pre-order in 2020 - it certainly wasn't "out of stock for pre-order" when I ordered it; and I didn't place an order directly with Hornby because I trusted Hattons.

Turns out that was a mistake! I've now re-ordered directly with Hornby, but I'm now at the back of the queue, and who knows - I may never now receive the model - all because Hattons cocked up!

• Friendly/supportive 1

I hadn't read the other post about Hattons cancelling pre-orders; but I note on that thread that Hattons were actually explaining the situation and offering appologies.

They didn't do that to me; so I still stand by their CS being less than acceptable.

As to whether we should have to order directly from Hornby - that's a different argument that *almost* isn't relevent here - it is how the retailer deals with issues which is the subject I posted about...

• AY Mod locked this topic
  • Moderators
26 minutes ago, stuclark said:

all because Hattons cocked up!

That's not necessarily the case but it suits your narrative. Once again; RMweb is not Trip Advisor.

• Like 3
  • Agree 3
  • Round of applause 2
  • Funny 1