SWAG Member's Day - 24th April 2022

Stubby47

4 minutes ago, Stubby47 said:

One unconfirmed layout is a small circle from Phil P, with a Hornby Battle Space Turbo car whizzing round.

You know we joked about 'The Fell' like this and look what happened.

I do wonder if the whole thing about the Battle Space Turbo is some sort of guerrilla marketing ploy from Phil instigated by one Simon Kohler.

• Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, woodenhead said:

You know we joked about 'The Fell' like this and look what happened.

I do wonder if the whole thing about the Battle Space Turbo is some sort of guerrilla marketing ploy from Phil instigated by one Simon Kohler.

• Like 2

• Administrators
30 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

So Phil gets his little pocket red rocket out anytime, anyplace, anywhere.  :jester:

This is a pocket rocket, if you have big pockets: https://philsworkbench.blogspot.com/2020/01/mars-propellorfahrzeug.html 

Well, I just had to have one. And one day, I will build this: https://www.swiftsixteen.co.uk/product-page/flash

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Ahem. 

For the avoidance of any lingering doubt. 

Prospective parties  will be duly contacted forthwith and henceforth in due course soonest  if not before as aforementioned in first part. 

As of now  or hereafter,  however, the members of the committee may or may not be in a position to confirm or deny current or future format or otherwise at this time accordingly as mentioned above therein. 

That said and in the spirit of continuing dialogue with all parties, being of the first and second parts aforesaid, will, with the regulatory and dare I say a sufficiently  proportionate degree of alacrity, be receiving suitable confirmulatory communications so as  to place all those  concerned on that most utmost level of anticipatory readiness of an  immediate requirement to attend said function in an exhibatatory capacity. 

I thank you. 

SB. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 3
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Premium
26 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem. 

Prospective parties  will be duly contacted forthwith and henceforth in due course soonest  if not before as aforementioned in first part. 

As of now  or hereafter,  however, the members of the committee may or may not be in a position to confirm or deny current or future format or otherwise at this time accordingly as mentioned above therein. 

That said and in the spirit of continuing dialogue with all parties, being of the first and second parts aforesaid, will, with the regulatory and dare I say a sufficiently  proportionate degree of alacrity, be receiving suitable confirmulatory communications so as  to place all those  concerned on that most utmost level of anticipatory readiness of an  immediate requirement to attend said function in an exhibatatory capacity. 

I thank you. 

SB. 

You've been taking lessons from Captain Kernow.  :)

• Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Stubby47 said:

Future announcements will be made in the future.

A good time to make future announcements.

Will you be making announcements about the announcements.

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

The Captain has taught you proper good, you wear the mantle well.

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, rab said:

A good time to make future announcements.

Will you be making announcements about the announcements.

We, as individuals and/or as a committee, are pleased to announce that future announcements may or may not be made in the future, or retrospectively in the past.

The announcements may or may not be preceded or followed by announcing announcements,  depending on the informative or urgency of said announcements.

We hope this clears up any possible ambiguity about future announcements. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 3
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Ahem, cough....

To provide a degree of confirmation to the confirmation offered by Comrade Stubbers in the first part, I can confirm, subject to the confirmation of a confirming confirmation, that any announcements will be announced by way of a pre-announcement announcing the announcement of an announcement. 

I thank you. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem. 

I thank you. 

SB. 

That's clear then.....

• Agree 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
42 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem, cough....

To provide a degree of confirmation to the confirmation offered by Comrade Stubbers in the first part, I can confirm, subject to the confirmation of a confirming confirmation, that any announcements will be announced by way of a pre-announcement announcing the announcement of an announcement. 

I thank you. 

For clarity, this was an announcement about future announcements, which was made in the past.

Edited by Stubby47
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, Oldddudders said:

As oxtail soup.

Cowswisher gloop has not hitherto been on the menu. 

Can we neither confirm nor deny that this may or may not be the case henceforth?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Ahem. 

Sir Humphrey is alive and well!

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Oh, and I ought just to reassure you all, that a process of continuous assessment has been taking place over the last 18 months, with regard to the quality of the pasties and pies.

There has been no discernible reduction in quality.

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2
  • Round of applause 5