Interesting and inspiring photos from Flickr....

I'm not sure who "Stapleton Road" is, or how he got such a great camera angle, but I'd like to thank him for this picture.

Knowing that 50007s arrival at Exeter would be covered from every angle I set myself a challenge of trying to get a fresh angle. I had two spots in mind , one I used extensively during my video days and one I had used a couple of times with my Nikon FM2 when access wasn't a problem. The first spot was too much of a challenge even for Viola May 2 but the 2nd spot seemed to be on. So here is 50007/034 at Riverside Yards just about to take the ECS for the 1537 ESD -VIC caught in a patch of rare sunlight on this day.

Perhaps "Viola May 2" is a camera drone?

Furious.....

• Like 8

On 14/07/2022 at 14:40, stewartingram said:

In US terms it is a slug. That's where all the power is coming from.

Technically, a US slug has traction motors, and gets its electrical power from another locomotive.  The diesel brake tender is just a braking vehicle, there are no traction motors.

• Agree 4

6 hours ago, TheEngineShed said:

Technically, a US slug has traction motors, and gets its electrical power from another locomotive.  The diesel brake tender is just a braking vehicle, there are no traction motors.

I think that you missed Stewart's irony vis-a-vis the power output / reliability of the Clayton.

CJI.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, cctransuk said:

I think that you missed Stewart's irony vis-a-vis the power output / reliability of the Clayton.

CJI.

Point taken, "it" wasn't defined in Stewart's post.  Just making sure we didn't believe there were traction motors in that DBT...  😀

3 minutes ago, montyburns56 said:

Ramsey Pier Tramway 1975 by Paul Haywood

Ramsey Pier, IOMRamsey Pier

Ramsey Pier

There is still a loco and presumably the coach in the first of those photos, at the landward end of the pier, but all the decking has been removed after about 40' or so - just off to the right of this photo......(taken 2 weeks ago)

22-500.thumb.JPG.ca7944682ae3f28e3981ebaf656a7001.JPG

• Like 3
  • Agree 1