The HAA and extended MGR family, CDA and MHA in OO/4mm, by Accurascale

On 15/05/2022 at 08:48, Torbay Express said:

The tension lock couplings on my pack have a tendancy to "droop", just like the HYA.  Just wondering if others experience similar and if for future products the kinematic couplings could be beefed up a little, to combat it?

I have a rake of 27 which I put to test on my layout the other day. While I am still not able to leave things running as there is not yet a continuous loop (layout still under construction), I was able to both pull and propel the full set at varying speeds through a complex set of point work and curves.

I will follow up with some video footage later, but safe to say I had no issues whatsoever, be that with couplings or road handling. These wagons are just SO good! They have a nice weight to them that helps keep them on the track in a long rake, but they are also so free wheeling that they will roll for weeks! As such, they are not hard to pull, even a Bachmann 08 managed the entire rake with relative ease on tight curves!

The combination of weight and free wheeling is also good fun in a long rake, as even in relatively gentle stops, the wagons keep rolling and bang into one another before bouncing back and snatching just like they would in real life! Quite satisfying! 

Regards,

Cameron

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just been enjoying some 1990 trainload freight filth on YouTube (Falkland Yard, Ayr) and spotted 2 different types of inner hopper top bracing on HAAs. One has a smooth bar along the full length, the other has vertical stiffeners.

Is this simply original body (with struts removed) vs rebodied version?

8A3C0F98-A2D2-4D4B-9C53-DE5DBEAE8A34.png.877505f85f54daceea14f1ab2e070d71.png

2AAF5D23-4821-497B-8066-A50A43C8D6D9.png.2a315182df5107ab4c2d4c79173d6917.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Accurascale!

Finally ordered the MHA's I was after (x3 packs!) to complete my spoil rake! I see you have mentioned back in May that they were due to be shipped. any idea when these will be arriving with you guys? thanks

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
49 minutes ago, WCML100 said:

Hi Accurascale!

Finally ordered the MHA's I was after (x3 packs!) to complete my spoil rake! I see you have mentioned back in May that they were due to be shipped. any idea when these will be arriving with you guys? thanks

Hi @WCML100

Many thanks for the order! The MHAs are in manufacture and we expect them to ship in late summer. We reckon September for delivery.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/07/2022 at 19:16, montyburns56 said:

Only twelve months old and look at the state of this HOP32AB at MIllerhill 1965 by Brian Flannigan

Type 2 on Coal

Blue diesel with data panels in 1965? Must be 1969 - 1973......

• Agree 2

Hi…

Here’s my rake of Hoppers passing the reception siding’s.

Very impressed with the amount of detail and they run so smoothly through sets of points and around curves, would recommend them highly and great value for money also.

Jez.

6C70802F-333A-4764-BEBC-93AF9B925021.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Pix said:

Hi…

Here’s my rake of Hoppers passing the reception siding’s.

Very impressed with the amount of detail and they run so smoothly through sets of points and around curves, would recommend them highly and great value for money also.

Jez.

6C70802F-333A-4764-BEBC-93AF9B925021.jpeg

Would expect in 2nd Batch of Class 37's a couple of Coal Sector may go down well for these wagons, or Indeed in old Railfreight livery......

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just to confirm that the ship carrying the HCAs (and a small reinforcement of the original 6 HAA packs from the first delivery a couple of months ago) has arrived and is currently being unloaded. 

Acc-HCA-Line-Up-01.thumb.jpg.2a3916b8b0558048c501cbe47aa12a29.jpg

Acc-HCA-Detail-01.thumb.jpg.c0c19330cd38f504b177c03a8b575a24.jpg

Acc-HCA-Detail-02.thumb.jpg.0a205d856d4b3b05868ba76e2dbda439.jpg

Acc-HCA-Detail-03.thumb.jpg.6c987e3d6fe6b6f797c419a4626eead3.jpg

Acc-HCA-Detail-04.thumb.jpg.31af0cdff4d6e4893607ea7a9b55def6.jpg

Acc-HCA-Detail-05.thumb.jpg.5f307cc65ab67f8c2f99c1de44bbb3f8.jpg

We expect them at our warehouse at the end of this week and all pre-orders and trade orders to begin shipping out early next week. 

You can pre-order the HCAs now, and we will have the other HAAs back on sale once they come into stock. Also available via your local stockist!

Check them out here: https://www.accurascale.com/collections/merry-go-round-mgr

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Graham108 said:

Do all wagons come with the 'instanter'(?) couplings factory-fitted or is that just for the photo's? Can the wagons be operated like this or again is that just for the photo's?

Hi Graham,

The instanters are in the detail bag so user applied (as would get in the way of the tension lock coupling). We recommend them as cosmetic, but have been told that several modellers have used our instanters as couplings with success. So, we cant endorse it officially, but people have used them as real couplings.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
3 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Graham,

The instanters are in the detail bag so user applied (as would get in the way of the tension lock coupling). We recommend them as cosmetic, but have been told that several modellers have used our instanters as couplings with success. So, we cant endorse it officially, but people have used them as real couplings.

Cheers!

Fran 

Graham/Fran,

I use the instanter couplings on my PCA rake which I received at least a couple of years ago and they work flawlessly on my double layer dual helix layout. Even better than that is that I have never had a derailment with these wagons full stop (only PCA and JSA rakes have that honour).

Hopefully they should be fine and I’m hoping my CDA’s will be running with the 3 links.

Andy

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium

Would anybody hazard a guess at what causes those horizontal markings along the bodyside of the hoppers in the below image?

My best guess is those plastic or rubber sheets at the loader that keep the dust down, rubbing along the sides of the wagons.

20117+20004+56093. At Ironville. 04/10/1985.

• Like 1

I believe some loading / unloading

places used tyred wheels to draw the wagons through which caused these marks. Could be wrong but that is what I thought I heard from better informed individuals…

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
5 minutes ago, Matt said:

places used tyred wheels to draw the wagons through which caused these marks. Could be wrong but that is what I thought I heard from better informed individuals…

Entirely feasible! 

That would certainly cause such marking.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Gary H said:

Entirely feasible! 

That would certainly cause such marking.

There are a few videos on line, I am sure I watched one on YouTube as well. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Matt said:

Butterwell large road had these and loaded ordinances for traffic to Ashington. They left the tell tale parallel lines on the sides and it was common on HBA/HEA’s and also MGR’s.

• Like 1