Triang TT T95 0-6-0

Lefty

Hi: New member. Resurrecting a 1960's Triang TT scale set. T95 0-6-0 loco. Does anyone know what motor was fitted from new? Is it an X04??  I am looking for brushes, are they available? Thank you for your help. Kevin

Hello Kevin,

The motor fitted was unique to the Jinty, 08, Castle and Prairie. It is not an X04 which was a 00 one.  The motor was not a separate unit that could be taken out like the Brit and M/N XT60, it was built into the chassis. It can be dismantled for servicing though by taking the side frames off. There are no brushes as spares that I know of but sometimes new carbon tips appear for the X04 and you can fit them and file down. The 3mm society spares may have second hand ones but you have to be a member.

Garry

Edited by Silverfox17
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Hi: New member. Resurrecting a 1960's Triang TT scale set. T95 0-6-0 loco. Does anyone know what motor was fitted from new? Is it an X04??  I am looking for brushes, are they available? Thank you for your help. Kevin

I forgot to say in my earlier reply that usually these motors are lovely runners when they have been stripped and serviced.  You do have to be careful with the wire from the pick up plate to the motor as it is not very flexible and can come off. If so replace with a thinner more flexible wire. Do not over tighten the pick up plate screws as that can break on of the two parts.

Garry

• Like 1
  • Agree 1