• 3 weeks later...

Morning All,

Sorry for the lack of updates in the last few weeks, new job has taken all of my time.

News is, the APT-P dev coach has had its running tests and I am pleased to say all is well.  When I get some time I will post a more complete update on this.

More models on the way..............

Regards

Paul

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

Cool, I'll have one, plus that buffet coach interior we spoke about 

Just need to get out of hospital first...... 

Oh no, hope you are on the mend.

I have not forgotten about the buffet insides you are after.  Dev coach will be up for sale later next week also.

Regards

Paul.

Edited by apt-e
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Evening all,

I am pleased to announce that the next Leadley Kits model is now available to order.

00 Hornby Original APT-P Development coach.

Comes with R8096 wheels for both bogies and connections to enable it to be fitted into the rake next to the power car as with the real item.

TS interior included and perspex.

Cost is £43.50 inc P & P.

Anyone wishing to order, please drop me an email to LEADLEYKITS@GMAIL.COM  stating APT-P Dev coach.

As always, orders need only be paid for when kit printing has been completed and ready for dispatch.

I am currently working on :

N Gauge PoP 2 

N Gauge Lab 4 Hastings

00 Lev 1

00 Maglev with track.....

Regards

Paul

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Looks good, although now knowing the Hornby version has a different interior is bugging me

Update:

Thanks for the info etc Paul, I'm pretty much convinced that Hornby have got their DEV coach interior wrong, having copied the control desks etc from the test coach used before the APT-P entered service. Second class seating seems to be more appropriate :)

Edited by RedgateModels

If anyone can show what the new Hornby version shows, I will change the internals.  However, I used all the photos and video I have to design the internals, so not sure what else can be done, as far as I can tell it was a ts coach converted to none artic bogies and that's all.......

The internals are a separate set of plates, so no problem changing the internals if need be.

Any help on this appreciated.

Edited by apt-e
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

N gauge HSFV model newly finished. 

Rail blue and yellow ends - blue give a light dusting of a grey when wet to fade back a little.  I have used Farish loco buffers over the 3 D printed ones . While it has rapdio couplers that might change when in a train- bar coupling or magnetics as no shunting will be required.  Just need to find suitable train formation ... any ideas welcome.  I hope to fit a few decals and brakepipes as it looks a bit naked and of course a bit of rail grime will garnish. 

Thanks to Paul for supplying the oomph!     to create and supply the kit.  

cheers

Robert 

HSFV 211221 001.jpg

HSFV 211221 002.jpg

• Like 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

• RMweb Gold

I showed the POP to some of the lads at work, it was suggested by one fellow modeler and long term BR servant ( as we were back in the day, seemingly "colleagues" now ..  , that a Kit Spackman figure required, obvs leaning over. I will have to look through my cast of figures...

Robert  

• Like 1

Hehehehe, not the first time that's been suggested.

I may go and talk to ModeulU and see if they can scan the 2021 version and see if they can 'downdate' it to the 1970s version. That will need more hair (MUCH more hair!) a skinner body and flared trousers! 

• Like 1
  • Funny 3

Happy New Year, everyone.

It's been suggested I should design a kit for a dummy apt-p 1980s powercar.  

Would anyone be interested in this type of model?   Just testing the water.

Regards

Paul.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just to say I have had a number of emails with various questions but sadly I have had a medical issue a week last Sunday which meant I ended up in hospital. I am home now but will take some weeks to recover.  I will reply as and when I feel able to.

Regards

Paul.

• Friendly/supportive 9

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

While I am recovering, and trying to keep sane after watching daytime TV, I have been working on the n gauge version of PoP 2.

Pilot completed and pc 3/4 well in hand.

I will post some photos when I am happy with what I have designed so far.

Regards

Paul.

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2