• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, apt-e said:

While I am recovering, and trying to keep sane after watching daytime TV

I know that feeling, why do you think I'm back at work after only 1 month off. I swear one more Homes Under the Hammer and there would have been trouble :lol:

But seriously, take your time Paul, listen to your body and get well :)

or print me a buffet car interior :) 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, apt-e said:

Hi all,

While I am recovering, and trying to keep sane after watching daytime TV, I have been working on the n gauge version of PoP 2.

Pilot completed and pc 3/4 well in hand.

I will post some photos when I am happy with what I have designed so far.

Regards

Paul.

Hey Paul, get well soon, best regards

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul Thanks for the APT expansion kit, it looks a really great kit, now I just need to find the time to get to work on it!

i was thinking when I saw the post about the chop shop dav4 trailer ( which looks good) given that one of those at 00 would allow people with the 80’s set to run the apt-q , might there be a call for them if you produced it? I would certainly be interested.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Bigeddie said:

i was thinking when I saw the post about the chop shop dav4 trailer ( which looks good) given that one of those at 00 would allow people with the 80’s set to run the apt-q , might there be a call for them if you produced it? I would certainly be interested.

That would mean him designing up a cab section, which I have suggested would be a nice option for us with 80's APTs to update our DTS's ....... (and my DAV4)

• Like 2

Hi All,

I have been working on the N gauge PoP 2 model.  Done several re-designs, hence no updates for a little bit.

Been working on the bogies and bogie mounts this morning.  

Here are a few photos of the 4th prototype going together.

Regards

Paul

20220225_131053.jpg

20220225_131118.jpg

20220225_131131.jpg

20220225_131314.jpg

• Like 3

Looking good Paul.

Glad to see you're back on your feet again.

This'll definitely be on my wish list, really must get round to finishing off POP1 first though :P

Regards

Neal.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 21/02/2022 at 13:45, RedgateModels said:

That would mean him designing up a cab section, which I have suggested would be a nice option for us with 80's APTs to update our DTS's ....... (and my DAV4)

Hi Ian,

Your buffet parts are really, please drop me an email.

Regards

Paul.

Hi all,

N gauge PoP2 99% complete

I need to add draw gear and the mk5 hk pack. 

It's designed already but not printed yet.

Looks like cost will be around £105 now as I have managed to locate some other wheels.  Price of n wheels has gone up a lot sadly.

Anyone interested, drop me a line.

And

I AM WORKING ON AN N GAUGE 

APT-E

I was working on it when revolution announced they where going to do it, So I stopped with mine.   Its now back on......

20220402_154508.jpg

20220402_154554.jpg

20220402_154520.jpg

20220402_154531.jpg

Edited by apt-e
  • Like 3

On 02/04/2022 at 15:43, apt-e said:

Hi all,

N gauge PoP2 99% complete

I need to add draw gear and the mk5 hk pack. 

It's designed already but not printed yet.

Looks like cost will be around £105 now as I have managed to locate some other wheels.  Price of n wheels has gone up a lot sadly.

Anyone interested, drop me a line.

And

I AM WORKING ON AN N GAUGE 

APT-E

I was working on it when revolution announced they where going to do it, So I stopped with mine.   Its now back on......

Paul,

Me, Me, Me 😉😉

Put me down for a POP2.

Cheers

Neal.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pwr said:

Are you any nearer my O gauge version of POP 1 with SA bogies?

Paul R

On going design wise.  Heart attack and covid at the moment has slowed me down.   I will keep working on it....

16 hours ago, Mr_Tilt said:

You do realise you won't be able to run faster than 47 mph with that setup, do you? 🙂

On my layout I don't think that matters!!!!!

I am hoping to model the early days version!

Paul R

16 hours ago, apt-e said:

On going design wise.  Heart attack and covid at the moment has slowed me down.   I will keep working on it....

Thank you - don't rush anything at the expense of your health. I am very grateful for wat you have done for me already!!!

I am finishing off a load of stuff started and never completed before getting back to the e-train.

Paul R

10 hours ago, pwr said:

On my layout I don't think that matters!!!!!

I am hoping to model the early days version!

Sounds good, do you have a Clayton to tow it with?

And a handy fire extinguisher......... 🙂

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 2

16 hours ago, Mr_Tilt said:

Sounds good, do you have a Clayton to tow it with?

And a handy fire extinguisher......... 🙂

I do and also a Peak!

No Fire Extinguisher though. I have the BG to run with it.   Now need Lab 23 I think - that will have to be a conversion.

Paul R

Lab  23 was a BG,  and had the generator on board to keep the POP-Train tilt, brake and air systems running.

I think you mean Lab 3, the one with all the instrumentation aboard it, which was an FO originally, but who can tell as we changed them so much. 

On 07/04/2022 at 18:54, Mr_Tilt said:

Lab  23 was a BG,  and had the generator on board to keep the POP-Train tilt, brake and air systems running.

I think you mean Lab 3, the one with all the instrumentation aboard it, which was an FO originally, but who can tell as we changed them so much. 

Thank you for correcting me Kit! I should have checked before I posted it! I have the BG but not as a generator van as I wanted to be ale to use it in a normal train so the air grills and other bits will have to be imagined unless I get another one. I will need to have a word with Sean at EasyBuild about Lab 3. I think he is happy to do extra bits to allow a cut a shut.

I have seen pictures of P0P 1 with only the BG and a class 17. I also have a class 45 do I suppose I could model it up to its wheels in ballast having come off the end of the Old Dalby Test Track!!!!

Paul R

• RMweb Gold

Paul very kindly did me an interior only from his TRBS APT-P for my Hornby cut and shut version. Got it built up and modified to fit over the weekend

DSC_0119.JPG.51ac196f0b2bd1de5dac088f1361c0b5.JPG

Pink paint on order so after over 2 years my TRBS will be finished (maybe)

Edited by RedgateModels
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, RedgateModels said:

Paul very kindly did me an interior only from his TRBS APT-P for my Hornby cut and shut version. Got it built up and modified to fit over the weekend

DSC_0119.JPG.51ac196f0b2bd1de5dac088f1361c0b5.JPG

Pink paint on order so after over 2 years my TRBS will be finished (maybe)

Thats very smart.

Paul's work is of exellent quality

Paul R

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/04/2022 at 13:14, pwr said:

I have seen pictures of P0P 1 with only the BG and a class 17. I also have a class 45 do I suppose I could model it up to its wheels in ballast having come off the end of the Old Dalby Test Track!!!!

Those pics may have been just a positioning move. For the initial tests we used the 17, Lab 3 and both POP vehicles, with both PCs  tilting northbound and just PC3 tilting southbound, or otherwise we'd have tilted the 17 clean off the track! The little gennie aboard Lab 3 wasn't pokey enough to drive all the various tilting, air and hydrostatic packs aboard POP-Train so we needed a beefier generator car, and the first one was the BSK, otherwise known as Lab 10.

Apparently it wasn't actually a BSK, it was something else, but we called it the BSK anyway. But then we weren't 'Real Railway People' of course.... 🙂

Later on we built the BG (Lab 23) as gennie cars were in high demand at the RTC, and Lab 23 effectively became an APD-only vehicle.

Ah yes, the 'January 9th Incident'................

There's quite few pics of that event on the Net, and it was the reason they put the 'This train must not be moved without Kit Spackman being on board' notice back in place. That was the first time POP-Train had ever gone anywhere without me, and look what happened? 😲

• Funny 2

On 13/04/2022 at 09:23, Mr_Tilt said:

Ah yes, the 'January 9th Incident'................

There's quite few pics of that event on the Net, and it was the reason they put the 'This train must not be moved without Kit Spackman being on board' notice back in place. That was the first time POP-Train had ever gone anywhere without me, and look what happened? 😲

You just cant get the staff!

Paul R