Cavalex - all new Class 56 in OO

AY Mod

1 hour ago, owentherail said:

Triple grey unbranded would be good...... leave it or add what logo you fancy 

companies never do this - Bachmann said that unnumbered etc weren't popular as average Joe doesn't want to / have skills to add decals .

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, rob D2 said:

companies never do this - Bachmann said that unnumbered etc weren't popular as average Joe doesn't want to / have skills to add decals .

For unbranded to work it has to be markted to the right modellers, and produced in smaller batches. But even then, Bachmann et al will always look at additional numbered releases as making them more sales.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Another vote here for a plain triple grey version please! Ideally no namers either, to help with those changing the identities!

It can still be numbered and finished, (therefore sidestepping the whole 'unbranded models' debate) - there were actually a few unbranded plain triple grey 56s going around in the mid-90s onwards that would be ideal candidates. :good_mini:

Cheers,

James

• Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 hour ago, owentherail said:

Didn't say unnumbered.... un logo as quite a few about,  I've done 56102 that way 

Yeah I know, but the fact remains when this has been done with previous models in other companies they weren’t good sellers 

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, James Makin said:

Another vote here for a plain triple grey version please! Ideally no namers either, to help with those changing the identities!

It can still be numbered and finished, (therefore sidestepping the whole 'unbranded models' debate) - there were actually a few unbranded plain triple grey 56s going around in the mid-90s onwards that would be ideal candidates. :good_mini:

Cheers,

James

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaLyasJPyUU

• Funny 1

On 24/01/2022 at 21:12, rob D2 said:

No i mean , do your own choice of decals . the only one that sold i think was REX Rfd class 47s from Vi 

Heljan did unnumbered 47s in green, blue, Large logo and triple grey

we sold literally hundreds (though they were only £50 each at the time)

On 31/01/2022 at 18:31, Trains4U said:

Heljan did unnumbered 47s in green, blue, Large logo and triple grey

we sold literally hundreds (though they were only £50 each at the time)

I remember those . It remains though that i think it was Bachmann who said they won't do it .... maybe cavalex could make it worth while ? i'm not against it , i'm all for it ( and saves potentially ruining the finish with t cut / thinners etc ) but seems unlikely to me .

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, rob D2 said:

I remember those . It remains though that i think it was Bachmann who said they won't do it .... maybe cavalex could make it worth while ? i'm not against it , i'm all for it ( and saves potentially ruining the finish with t cut / thinners etc ) but seems unlikely to me .

Or do as Accurascale are doing and make them easily removable. (The Dapol TPE 68 is also easy to remove the numbers)

n

Edited by newbryford
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Like this ? My first ever exposure to a 56 via a OPC book - they seemed somehow foreign and exotic ( as did everything north of the Thames valley ! )I only ever saw one and that was  on the bin liner , a transrail one, so they weren’t exactly common on my local freight in the mid 90s.

59F384CA-D8DC-4D94-8472-C196F0767636.jpeg

• Like 2

Yes Rob. 

Exactly people could run it on late 70s as well as 80s layouts. Unlike other large logo examples. So to me it has always been the most obvious large logo 56 for a manufacturer to start with. 

I used to see them in banger blue at Reading in the early 80s. I diet of the same WR examples. And used to make trips to the Midlands to cop a few of the more 'exotic' northern examples.

Edited by SouthernBlue80s
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...