I buy a J94 at auction, then decide to look it up on RMweb :-O

Esmedune

To be honest I don't think the J94s/Austerities had that many problems. It was mostly the GWR 14XXs that were very problematic.

I've also noticed that there hasn't been many of the Hattons Limited Edition ones come up on the second hand market. I wouldn't mind a Robert, but I wouldn't pay over the odds for one.

Jason

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 05/07/2021 at 13:58, Steamport Southport said:

To be honest I don't think the J94s/Austerities had that many problems. It was mostly the GWR 14XXs that were very problematic.

I've also noticed that there hasn't been many of the Hattons Limited Edition ones come up on the second hand market. I wouldn't mind a Robert, but I wouldn't pay over the odds for one.

Jason

So, would you pay a bob for Robert?

Taxi?

• Funny 2

• 2 months later...
  • RMweb Gold
On 04/09/2021 at 23:06, Steamport Southport said:

Funnily enough that's my brothers name..... :laugh:

Really I wanted it as I managed to see the real one when it was still working at Bold Colliery. Then I saw it at Rocket 150.

Theres one on ebay currently £130

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265406620386?hash=item3dcb77a2e2:g:EnsAAOSw5mRhknRH

may drop in price or open to offers at some point if they get bored with looking at it.

I have both Robert (dj) and Whiston (Hornby) whilst my recollection is they were the same livery, with minor differences, Hornby and DJs models are completely different and don't sit well together.

i’m after a J9408 no 98 Royal Engineer myself.

The Hattons ones were only 200 each, which explains why they dont come up that often.

Edited by adb968008