New GWR iron mink

ikcdab

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I have received my 'Save for Victory' version.  Unfortunately the wheel flanges rub on the underside of the floor, so the wagon is inoperable.  A quick scan of these pages didn't show anyone else with this problem. Maybe it is the overscale Dapol wheels or perhaps it is just mine.  It is fixable, and I like the wagon, but this just adds to the price point discussion. 

• Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
On 15/03/2022 at 23:55, jafcreasey said:

Hi All

I still wonder why wagons in 2022 are still constructed without articulated short couplings - and then "offered" at 28 quid...

Best

Mark

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Guardian said:

Hi All

I still wonder why wagons in 2022 are still constructed without articulated short couplings - and then "offered" at 28 quid...

Best

Mark

Perhaps because the coupling isn't the only production expense?

• 3 months later...

Sent all three of mine (different variants of the Rails Iron Mink) back for a full refund. All three suffer the same issue - wheels locking against the body resulting in being dragged along the line with wheels static. 

Yes you may say I could remove the wheels, file away the underbody, etc. But that's not really the point. These were not cheap, and should work. Accepting poor quality controlled product just because we can fix it is never going to change anything.

• Friendly/supportive 3