Dugort Harbour

jhb171achil

On 30/07/2021 at 22:52, jhb171achil said:

“I don’t care WHO you’re waiting for, even if it’s President Kennedy! I can’t hold the train!”

39600733-5BF0-4AA6-A08C-18B7B616126D.jpeg

Is that a beetle or is it Austin powers? Fab scenes. Where did you source the LLPs?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 26/07/2021 at 01:06, jhb171achil said:

IMG_9201.JPG

I've also just found your layout, what a gem. I especially like the remains of the turntable. I remember seeing one of Iain Robinson's models once, and realizing that it's possible to model the passing of time by showing traces of the past in the landscape. I've not had a go at it yet, but this is a great example.   

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mikkel said:

I've also just found your layout, what a gem. I especially like the remains of the turntable. I remember seeing one of Iain Robinson's models once, and realizing that it's possible to model the passing of time by showing traces of the past in the landscape. I've not had a go at it yet, but this is a great example.   

Thank you - much appreciated. At present the layout is just this small terminus and a fiddle yard, but I hope to extend it in the near future.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stivesnick said:

Hi 

Just spotted this thread. As others have noted, it's a great layout. Loved the long freight train, as a reminder to all modellers, that even branch lines could produce a decent sized train from time to time.

Regards 

Nick 

Thank you - yes, it's surprising what traffic a fair day can bring to a small rural Irish village! Some prototypes were like this well into the 1960s, despite a "normal" day's activity being a solitary goods train with barely half a dozen wagons in, and one or two out!

B141 runs round and awaits departure, as B165 arrives with the goods and pulls into the loop. It's Fair Day today, so once she leaves, the load will be thirty cattle vans plus the normal half dozen goods vans and wagons.......

The empty cattle trucks came down yesterday and wait in the back siding.

IMG_9454 (2).JPG

IMG_9455.JPG

IMG_9456.JPG

IMG_E9457.JPG

• Like 5

A spare carriage has also been added to the passenger set before it leaves - it is market day, after all.........

Meanwhile, the cattle vans await the only busy period of activity the station ever sees now, at the dawn of the "Swinging Sixties"........

IMG_E9457.JPG

IMG_E9458.JPG

IMG_E9461.JPG

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...