Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

Wow, great improvement Andy - I didn't think you had anywhere near enough passenger services in the previous version of Bute Road.  Looking forward to seeing this develop.  A couple of suggestions if I may?

1. Perhaps a name change for Bute Road to match its new location.  How about "Eastly" haha?
  2. You really must have a rail head treatment/sandtite train.  There's one on my local line (London Tilbury and Southend Line) which goes down early afternoon and back up a bit later this time of year having reversed somewhere, Pitsea I think.  Multiple choices of locos to top and tail it with (our local has a Shed at each end).  The necessary wagons are still available from Hattons I see.  Got to keep those rails leaf free haha.

You obviously got the grand kids vote for the new format so what's not to like.

Best Regards,

Brian.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Brian D said:

Wow, great improvement Andy - I didn't think you had anywhere near enough passenger services in the previous version of Bute Road.  Looking forward to seeing this develop.  A couple of suggestions if I may?

1. Perhaps a name change for Bute Road to match its new location.  How about "Eastly" haha?
  2. You really must have a rail head treatment/sandtite train.  There's one on my local line (London Tilbury and Southend Line) which goes down early afternoon and back up a bit later this time of year having reversed somewhere, Pitsea I think.  Multiple choices of locos to top and tail it with (our local has a Shed at each end).  The necessary wagons are still available from Hattons I see.  Got to keep those rails leaf free haha.

You obviously got the grand kids vote for the new format so what's not to like.

Best Regards,

Brian.

Hi Brian, Cheers, Yes a Sandite and a of course a  WINDHOFF MPV NETWORK RAIL TWIN

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Andrew P said:

I NEED MORE SIDINGS and a MUCH BIGGER Fiddle Yard.:swoon:

Hi,

That’s the ‘Fiddle Yard Paradox’, you’ll never have a Fiddle Yard big enough as your fleet will always increase to meet the spare capacity in the newly enlarged Fiddle Yard!

I look forward to see the Hampshire version of Bute Road develop!

Simon

• Like 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, St. Simon said:

Hi,

That’s the ‘Fiddle Yard Paradox’, you’ll never have a Fiddle Yard big enough as your fleet will always increase to meet the spare capacity in the newly enlarged Fiddle Yard!

I look forward to see the Hampshire version of Bute Road develop!

Simon

Cheers Simon, Yep, I'm looking forward to doing the Scenics and playing Trains, and I do need more capacity.:good:

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
9 hours ago, Ramblin Rich said:

Hi Andy, haven't commented before. I think the change of location makes a lot of sense, I kind of thought at the start that you would find the modern Cornish scene a bit restricted. This feels like it will suit frequent and varied trains a lot better.

The best news is that you're not completely scrapping it all :)

I agree, Rich. I didn't mention it before, because it's not my train set, but the layout concept and the back story never quite matched for me.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, St Enodoc said:

I agree, Rich. I didn't mention it before, because it's not my train set, but the layout concept and the back story never quite matched for me.

Your right, I felt that almost from day one, but having started and NOT finished so many Layouts I sort of stuck with it.

Glad I made the change now though.

You should have said, maybe in a PM. :laugh: 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

31 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Haha, I don't want to change the name because as I said earlier, its the name of the Road my late Father was born in.

Sorry, missed that Andy. So much for my speed reading.

Regards,

Brian. 

• Friendly/supportive 1