Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, Andrew P said:

Again, not sure if its just me, but over the last few days I have a NEW Boots and other Adds that appears as a strip, top right of the screen and COVERING the Contents I follow link, and there is, NO "X" to get rid of it, so I now have to go to the bottom of the page and use that Contents I follow link, once I've KILLED OFF the rolling Add from the right hand side, that is usually hiding that one. :angry:

I may have some time out of here, as I'm finding it very frustrating at the moment.

I tend to use the "content I've posted in" link instead, under 'Activity' - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/discover/content-posted/

• Thanks 1

It gets worse Andy, the adverts are getting annoying on RTT as well now, to the extent on Firefox you can't even interact with the popup to close it on some platforms!!!!!!!!

Layout looking fab though ;)

I struggle massively with what era to run, I love the 80's when I was out bashing but I love the modern scene as well. So to that end I'm trying to model the 1980's but every so often it'll be a compromise of dumping the modern stuff on and effectively run a train set :lol:

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Again, not sure if its just me, but over the last few days I have a NEW Boots and other Adds that appears as a strip, top right of the screen and COVERING the Contents I follow link, and there is, NO "X" to get rid of it, so I now have to go to the bottom of the page and use that Contents I follow link, once I've KILLED OFF the rolling Add from the right hand side, that is usually hiding that one. :angry:

I may have some time out of here, as I'm finding it very frustrating at the moment.

Don't know what browser you use, Andy, but, I have no problems with ads at all using Opera on Win10.

Liking the changes to Bute Road, following, in the background, as always !

Best Regards

Andi

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

11 hours ago, andi4x4 said:

Don't know what browser you use, Andy, but, I have no problems with ads at all using Opera on Win10.

Liking the changes to Bute Road, following, in the background, as always !

Best Regards

Andi

Cheers Andi, Not a clue about which browser, if I switch on and get a picture its a bonus, I'm not into how computers / Lap Tops work. I know I should have something to protect it, but as I don't do banking etc on line and the other sites I go on have just the odd add I've never worried.

Thanks for lurking in the background.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, David Bell said:

Great video Mr P.

The way you have interrupted sight lines with careful placement of the buildings is particularly effective.

It is all coming together rather well.

Cheers

David 

Thanks David, you will also see I used the PVA Bottles as sight blockers along the strait.:banghead:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, rob D2 said:

Good video !

I’ve always wondered what is the advantage of a hot glue gun just over glue ?

I used to have one and just got in a massive sticky mess every time 

Hot Glue Gun.

Its quick.

It sticks,

Its hot

AND IT BURNS your fingers if you get it wrong.:laugh:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 4

23 hours ago, Andrew P said:

That top right add box seem to have left the Building, almost back to normal.:dancer:

• Round of applause 2

23 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Andy if you you use Firefox as your browser for RM Web and set the privacy settings to strict in settings you'll not get any adverts.  I use that for RM Web and Safari for everything else but I am also considering moving from RM Web to Western Thunder which doesn't seem to have ads. Certainly on the 7mm side there are now fewer posts than there were as I think people are logging in less frequently.

Paul R

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

3 minutes ago, pwr said:

Andy if you you use Firefox as your browser for RM Web and set the privacy settings to strict in settings you'll not get any adverts.  I use that for RM Web and Safari for everything else but I am also considering moving from RM Web to Western Thunder which doesn't seem to have ads. Certainly on the 7mm side there are now fewer posts than there were as I think people are logging in less frequently.

Paul R

Cheers Paul, Not a clue about the browser, its whatever the shop put in when I bought it, and I don't mess with the settings as I did that many years ago and lost a lot of stuff that I seemed to send to Pluto or up Uranus.:nono:

I look at WT most days, just for quiet browse around, I had a couple of threads on there at one time, so could easily transferee over and start again there. On 7MM on here it does seem quiet as is the Early Risers that used to be up to 3 pages a day sometimes, now it about half of that some days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Paul, Not a clue about the browser, its whatever the shop put in when I bought it, and I don't mess with the settings as I did that many years ago and lost a lot of stuff that I seemed to send to Pluto or up Uranus.:nono:

I look at WT most days, just for quiet browse around, I had a couple of threads on there at one time, so could easily transferee over and start again there. On 7MM on here it does seem quiet as is the Early Risers that used to be up to 3 pages a day sometimes, now it about half of that some days.

Agree with your comments Andy especially ref the 7mm section it’s gone very quite since you sold SMS and Bench Road for some reason :swoon: it just goes to show that there is an urgent need for you to build another 7mm layout perhaps on shelf above Bute Road just to keep you hand in as it were:senile:

Really enjoyed video 29 and even starting to like those funny multi coloured rakes of coaches with bus engines strapped underneath them :stinker:

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Hello Andy, yet another very enjoyable video to watch this morning, i really enjoy my  Friday dose of Bute Road, roll on next Friday.

Cheers Brian, I'll start to work on next weeks on Monday, although I have filmed about two minutes already.

Glad you enjoy them.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, gismorail said:

Agree with your comments Andy especially ref the 7mm section it’s gone very quite since you sold SMS and Bench Road for some reason :swoon: it just goes to show that there is an urgent need for you to build another 7mm layout perhaps on shelf above Bute Road just to keep you hand in as it were:senile:

Really enjoyed video 29 and even starting to like those funny multi coloured rakes of coaches with bus engines strapped underneath them :stinker:

Thanks Martin, but NO MORE 7mm, There may be another OO under BR at a later date, but not for a while. 

Watch this space.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 3

13 minutes ago, The Stationmaster said:

The water under the bridge looks a lot muddier and murkier down your way Andy ;)

2122755696_thewaterismuddierdownyourway.jpg.5c7eb04976cd134c59de42589489a69c.jpg

Cheers Mike, it will be a very muddy Estuary just like Cockwood, I've not seen pics of Hamworthy but I have been down to Fareham Creek this week and that's just a wee bit Muddy.

THE BLUE representing the water WILL GO.:D

• Like 3

On 04/11/2021 at 09:57, Nick C said:

I tend to use the "content I've posted in" link instead, under 'Activity' - https://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/discover/content-posted/

Thanks Nick and sorry for he late reply, I seem to have missed a whole bunch of post from yesterday. I'll have a loo at that. Cheers.:good:

• Like 2

On 04/11/2021 at 10:40, shedman said:

I agree Andy, it's a pain in the unmentionable. YouTube's the same with ads, ads, ads interrupting the viewing. Trevor

Hi Trevor, sorry for the late reply, I seemed to miss a whole load from yesterday.

Yes your right, but what a lot of these Companies don't get is the fact that people switch off when they come on, so they are paying out good money for nothing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2