Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Andrew P said:

Cheers Paul, I saw it had some funny gear at the right hand end, but couldn't get a decent pic of it, what exactly does it do?

It’s a track recorder of some type undergoing trials. As it’s new there’s not much info on it yet. 

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 2

15 minutes ago, Adrian Stevenson said:

Hi Andy, is that the same class DMU as seen on your layout? No idea what it is, as my knowledge stops after my train spotting days in the 1970’s when it comes to modern stuff. But I do like the look of that DMU running on the layout.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade, Yes its a Class 450 Desario Electric 4 Car Unit, the same as I have on the Layout. The SWR also have Class 444, 5 Car Units generally in white or now Grey.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

1 minute ago, AdeMoore said:

Brilliant work Andy looks amazing and your speed to get to here also rapid!

Very inspirational stuff.

Cheers..

Cheers Ade, today wasn't that quick, it was  only a SPLODGE JOB so took about 3 and a half hours.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
On 19/11/2021 at 13:58, Andrew P said:

Another surprise this morning was the numbering  on this GBRf 66, not seen anything like it before.

IMG_6563.JPG.0d7d3af4f5dc34dac52ae384e36caa09.JPG

IMG_6567.JPG.8c690bceddfbdab054490ae5aa2e8b2b.JPG

Hi Andy,

The loco was named after the wife of John Smith (GBRfMD), the loco being chosen as, I am told, it represented her age that birthday! The larger than normal numbers were part of that!

Rich

• Informative/Useful 6
  • Funny 1

7 hours ago, MarshLane said:

Hi Andy,

The loco was named after the wife of John Smith (GBRfMD), the loco being chosen as, I am told, it represented her age that birthday! The larger than normal numbers were part of that!

Rich

Cheers Rich, Great info, I wondered why it was done like that.:good:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragonboy said:

Very nice and natural ballasting Andy and being a coastal area I’m thinking you’ll hardly need to do anything other than the lightest touch of weathering. 

Cheers, and yes the Concrete Sleeper Track will probably have no more weathering, as it represents fairly newly laid Track, 

I will go heavier in the Yard and old wooden sleeper areas though.

Thanks for your input.:good:

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold

Nice work on he scenery Andy. I particularly like the curve into the tunnel one small suggestion from the angle  of the photographs it could do with a bit more hill on the lefthand side of the portal against the backscene. I know from square on to the backscene it probably looks right but from the photo angle it is not quite right to me.

Don

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

42 minutes ago, lmsforever said:

Think you are on the most fufilling part of railway modeling  its looking really good  ,whens the conductor rail going in please? 

Cheers, fulfilling yes, 3rd Rail, NO, as I said in the Video 28, you will have to imagine its there.:D

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Donw said:

Yes Andy that was my thoughts. As ever it is up to you.  Do you think that looks better as I do?

Don

Cheers Don, Yes its an improvement I think, I need to work out how I'll do it.:good:

• Friendly/supportive 2