Bute Road, ?

Andrew P

• RMweb Gold

Merry Christmas Andy.

I enjoy watching the progress on Bute Road - I am envious of the speed at which you work.  I've had a half built n gauge swiss building on my workbench for a couple of months now!

You are creating a very good layout, I can spend a lot of time looking at your photos and videos.

I hope you can keep it up next year.

David

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Merry Christmas Andy.

I enjoy watching the progress on Bute Road - I am envious of the speed at which you work.  I've had a half built n gauge swiss building on my workbench for a couple of months now!

You are creating a very good layout, I can spend a lot of time looking at your photos and videos.

I hope you can keep it up next year.

David

Hi David, and thanks for the kind words, I'm still struggling with the Adds, hence not so many post like I used to do each day.

I did see they wanted about £72 a year not to see the adds, so will have to consider the cost, as I don't spend time on the computer to look at back catalogue etc. And the Show tickets are almost worthless at the moment.

I will be back tomorrow with a Video, the last of 2021 and it will be something very different, so I hope people enjoy it.

I also do enjoy your thread, it is always fresh, with something new to see each day, in fact, just on my way over there now.

Merry Christmas and see you in 2022.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hello Andy, i very much enjoyed watching those videos, thank you for sharing, it just leaves me to wish you and Dee a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year, also, thank you for keeping me entertained with Bute Road, looking forward to seeing progress with your layout throughout 2022.

• Thanks 1

Hello Andy

I have been an 'armchair modeller' (aka 'lurker') on RMweb for a long time now and I have very much enjoyed reading your topics and watching your video posts - many thanks for all the enjoyment and I've had and for the inspiration you've provided. I'd like to wish you and your family very Happy Christmas and New Year - and here's wishing you lots more modelling power for the coming year!

Cheers, Neil.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brian Hawkins said:

Hello Andy, i very much enjoyed watching those videos, thank you for sharing, it just leaves me to wish you and Dee a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year, also, thank you for keeping me entertained with Bute Road, looking forward to seeing progress with your layout throughout 2022.

2 hours ago, SteveyDee68 said:

Thank you for all your posts this past year, Mr P - entertaining, informative, instructive and always enjoyable! Happy Xmas to you and Dee, and all the best for the new year!

Steve S

17 minutes ago, Porfuera said:

Hello Andy

I have been an 'armchair modeller' (aka 'lurker') on RMweb for a long time now and I have very much enjoyed reading your topics and watching your video posts - many thanks for all the enjoyment and I've had and for the inspiration you've provided. I'd like to wish you and your family very Happy Christmas and New Year - and here's wishing you lots more modelling power for the coming year!

Cheers, Neil.

Cheers Brian, Steve and Neil, Thanks very much and wishing all you Guys a great Christmas and a prosperous 2022 and beyond.:dancer:

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

Nice compilation on the video of the trains, but note to self don't stand in front of a camera again!:nono:

Compliments of the season to you and all the family, stay safe and see you in the New Year.

• Thanks 1
  • Funny 5

44 minutes ago, Temeraire said:

Hi Andy

Nice compilation on the video of the trains, but note to self don't stand in front of a camera again!:nono:

Compliments of the season to you and all the family, stay safe and see you in the New Year.

Cheers Ian, and don't worry about the "in front of camera bit" I was the same to start with and STILL HAVEN'T IMPROVED. Note to self, SMILE.

Have a good Christmas and a prosperous 2022.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, CHAZ D said:

Well Andy

Wishing you a happy Xmas and a Happy New Year. The class 205 sends good wishes as well, all the better with a voice it sounds superb!

Thanks Chaz, Kevin's 205 with the Sound did sound nice so I really should invest in one for mine, (once I've recovered from an expensive Christmas and Car repair):swoon:

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Clive Mortimore said:

Yo Mr Peters,

Festive greetings etc etc to you and Dee.

Should the G-Tap production company feel the urge to video Sheffield Exchange you are more than welcome.

Greeting fellow baldy. :o :laugh:.

Christmas greetings to you all in the Lincolnshire wilds. I hope you all have a good one, and I hope you've remembered a pressie for the doggy as well as the Good Lady and Kids.

I'm not sure my G-TAP expense account will allow travel that far North now, plus my Passport has run out so not allowed norf of London.

Why don't you do a good one with commentary? :haha:

Anyway, have a goodun and don't let the bu66ers get you down, keep taking the tablets.:good:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Great video Andy. Squatch models will have to work in collaboration with G-tap productions and do a tour of GUN, Kaydee, and the Rogue Valley Model Railroad Club some time! Their Pacific And Eastern layout is a real eye opener!

Regards Shaun. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

Great video Andy. Squatch models will have to work in collaboration with G-tap productions and do a tour of GUN, Kaydee, and the Rogue Valley Model Railroad Club some time! Their Pacific And Eastern layout is a real eye opener!

Regards Shaun. 

Hi Mate, It would be good to see some of your Club Layout as well as a tour of Squatch Towers.:good:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, lmsforever said:

High Andy thanks for the story of your layout and your excursions  I look forward to next year seasons greeting to you and Dee .Chris

Cheers Chris, and Seasons Greetings to you too, thanks for following and hope you continue to enjoy the Videos.

• Friendly/supportive 1

36 minutes ago, PeterBB said:

A year of great videos - happy New Year to you and Dee.

Hi Peter, Thanks and I hope you and Susan had a good Christmas now that your back near Family.

Happy New Year to you all.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Hope yesterday was good for you with all the family.  I haven't had time to see the last video thughtitbest to wait. Wishing you and Dee allthe best for the new year.

Don

it is my keyboard playing up nothingto do with the nice bottle of Shiraz.

Edited by Donw
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, Donw said:

Hope yesterday was good for you with all the family.  I haven't had time to see the last video thughtitbest to wait. Wishing you and Dee allthe best for the new year.

Don

it is my keyboard playing up nothingto do with the nice bottle of Shiraz.

Thanks Don, Yesterday was almost manic but enjoyable, still some more to see in the week that couldn't make yesterday so no modelling until the new year apart from adding more layers of PVA/ Water mix to the Harbour.

Hope you had a good Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.

• Like 3

Having fought my way past the adverts, here is an update from this morning.

I haven't done much over Christmas, as one would expect, apart from adding a few more layers of PVA / Water/ Washing Up Liquid, but only a little of that to help the PVA flow, and break down surface tension. I'm now at about 15 coats, and I hope about another 5 or 6 will do it. There are no pics of this, as it looks very much like the last pic I put on here of the Harbour.

• Like 2