Class 59 from Revolution Trains

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, scottystitch said:

@Revolution Ben, @Revolution Mike.  Thank you for posting this.  I was sure I had seen this on facebook this morning but then couldn't find it again and thought I was imagining things/dreamt it.

Panic over.

Best

Scott.

Ha - slight finger trouble at this end!  Thanks for not blabbing!

cheers

• Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Interesting departure from previous releases in going up against an existing competitor with this model. I wonder if this will mean future models that would have previously been considered models for the "main players"* to do rather than niche models.

*not saying that revolution are not main players now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kris said:

Interesting departure from previous releases in going up against an existing competitor with this model. I wonder if this will mean future models that would have previously been considered models for the "main players"* to do rather than niche models.

What!! like an upgraded Peak or 90 :P:P

Would be nice.....

Regards

Neal.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Kris said:

Interesting departure from previous releases in going up against an existing competitor with this model.

Hi there,

We offered our Class 92 in N after DJM had announced his ill-fated project so it's not unknown.  

cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Revolution Ben
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kris said:

Perhaps Revolution just presumed that Dapol had abandoned their 59 model and didn't want to scrap the work that had gone into their version when Dapol dusted off their model.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, Revolution Ben said:

Ha - slight finger trouble at this end!  Thanks for not blabbing!

cheers

Whilst I might have been on the verge of quizzing you privately, I certainly wouldn’t have publicly. 

Good luck with the model.

best

scott. 

• Thanks 1

Fascinating. And cheaper than Dapol’s, so that’s me switching for a start. Disappointing in one way that it’s a duplication, but a) Dapol sat it on the shelf for so long it’s their own fault, and b) I trust Revolution to get this right more than I do Dapol.

I just need to work out the best livery to get as not many 59s are seen on the WCML.

If Revolution are feeling bolder with their release schedule then I do hope a class 90 is next…

David 

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thanks 1

Hi Ben - pricing error on 59206 (Freightliner Orange / analogue version)?

I think there must be a price typo on the 59206 'John F Yeoman' DC/DCC Ready version on the Revolution Website - showing the same as the sound fitted version:  Freightliner Orange - 59

I'm so glad you announced the 59 as it's one of my favourite locos.  When the other manufacturer's model in N was temporarily suspended (understandably, I might say), I felt disappointed.  However, I was really hoping for 59001 in FY Silver... so I am sure a decent order will be coming you way very soon.  My only other hope is for 59002 'Alan J Day' in the special livery :) 

Thanks,

Ixion.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, bmthtrains - David said:

Fascinating. And cheaper than Dapol’s, so that’s me switching for a start. Disappointing in one way that it’s a duplication, but a) Dapol sat it on the shelf for so long it’s their own fault, and b) I trust Revolution to get this right more than I do Dapol.

I just need to work out the best livery to get as not many 59s are seen on the WCML.

If Revolution are feeling bolder with their release schedule then I do hope a class 90 is next…

David 

Think I maybe tempted by an ARC or original FY livery.

59104 did make it up the WCML on a loaded trial working very early 90s.

59104 Wandelmill

So this would have passed Dallam, perfect excuse for me lol.

Cheers

Simon

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LaGrange said:

Would not be left waiting many years for starters... 

The problem though is as badly as Dapol have mishandled the OO Class 59, they do have tooling already (as they have showed painted samples in the now distant past), so they could easily beat any potential competitor to market in OO (and the Class 59 isn't likely to be popular enough to allow 2 new tooled versions to make money)

The N version is a different story - with Dapol having apparently abandoned it and with their lukewarm interest in bringing the OO version to market it clearly was fair game.

It does beg the question if Dapol's sudden interest and showing of CAD in July was because they heard about the Revolution version, and were attempting to block Revolution not realizing how far along the Revolution model was.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Revolution Mike said:

Yes although it appears like duplication, the reality is that we started work on this months ago. 

Can attest to this.

Well done both for announcing this today! The CAD looks miles better than the competition and within a realistic timescale too.

Might even tempt me to the dark side…

Guy

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m very interested to see how this model plays out, of course I’ll be rooting for Revolution, especially with a much cheaper pre-order price and superior features. If you can go head to head with Dapol and win, Revolution will become a force to be reckoned with (More so than it already is)

I may well place an order for one, and wish Revolution all the best.

• Like 1