Forum slow to load, internal links too.

• RMweb Premium

Over the last few days I've had intermittent problems with the forum being very slow to load (sometimes failing) and navigating using the internal links similarly problematical. Both have about a 50% success rate which means that getting to a particular topic is only about 25% successful. The same problem manifests itself on both the pc (windows 8) and my laptop (windows 10) both using firefox. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 15

Also experiencing similar slow-downs and no-gos. The problem areas for me are the login process (which either works straight away, as per normal, or refuses to work at all) and the non-appearance or very slow appearance of the drop-down menus (i.e. the Home, Browse, Activity, etc row). At first, I thought this non-appearance was caused by waiting for adverts to load, but I'm not so sure now.

Edited by Miss Prism

• RMweb Gold

Similar here.

Clicking the notifications icon sometimes opens the popup quickly but very commonly "hourglasses" for a long time before it opens.

Posting/Editing comments or messages sometimes leaves the display in the "Saving..." state for a long time before it updates (if ever). So you're not sure if your message has been sent or if it's safe to just refresh the window.

Edited by Harlequin
  • Agree 2

• RMweb Gold

And sometimes after "load more activity" it does indeed load the next page, but then there's no button to continue nor a message saying there's no more activity. 

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium

Thanks Phil. Since I reported the problem, I've had no further issues with slow and non existent loading (sods law, but in a good way I suppose) which would fit with it being an intermittent problem.

• RMweb Gold

I've noticed a slow down in the last week or so. I've also been getting Cloudflare errors quite a lot over the last few days, the last one about 10 minutes ago.

Edited by 57xx
  • Agree 6

• RMweb Premium

Had the slow down this morning but have been experiencing it for some time now. More in the evenings than at other times but on multiple platforms and OS's. 

I find that I just cannot get into Wheeltappers and its sub files pages  which fail to open and allow me to read, and also the same problem with Modelliing Musings.  This is both both on my desk top computer and mobile phone.  All the other pages drop in quickly to read. (Alisdair)

The slow page loading or pages completely failing to load is definitely becoming a problem after quite a long time when the site was working really well. The problem is transient and for me is not tied to any particular time of day . . .

John

• Like 1
  • Agree 8

The "Forum Marked as Read" banner is now hanging endlessly at the top of the page making it impossible to navigate elsewhere on the site.

I have tried different browsers on different platforms on different connections with the same general results – although looking at the recently-used devices list on my profile you'd never know it. The forum software thinks I only ever log-in with my Mac, when I also use an iPad, iPhone and occasionally a Windows PC when I am with a friend.

John

Edited by JJGraphics
Corrected typo

• Moderators
25 minutes ago, Free At Last said:

Not had this before...RMWeb.JPG.1b48308b2c2ee9b8e7952cbbf3755b60.JPG

It happens sometimes when the connection between forum software and database is flaky.

What a shame that using RMWeb has moved from being a really interesting, informative and enjoyable experience to a frustrating and time-wasting one.

The site seems to hang almost every time I visit. I end up logging-out, deleting the cookies and the browser cache and logging-in again to try to read a few posts.

Sometimes it does work but this afternoon it has been necessary to log back in several times. It never used to be like this . . .

John

Edited by JJGraphics

• RMweb Premium

I've been finding it slow to access over the last few days.

If I cancel it and try again 10 min later it seems ok.

Mind you it does have a record of playing up

over weekends and holidays; while the cat's away.....