Forum slow to load, internal links too.

I thought the speed issues and crashing were due to using an older iPad with older software...

Annoyed that it is just as bl**dy slow using a brand new slap up to date iPad Pro with 1TB of memory to play with.

I'm going to assume it is all the adverts that are causing the issues?

If buying a subscription rids me of the adverts and thus the speed issues, it would be worth the price. But does it? I'd be exceptionally pi$$ed off if the issues continued after buying a subscription.

Can anybody advise?

Steve S

• Agree 1

On 07/12/2021 at 01:32, SteveyDee68 said:

If buying a subscription rids me of the adverts and thus the speed issues, it would be worth the price. But does it? I'd be exceptionally pi$$ed off if the issues continued after buying a subscription.

Can anybody advise?

Steve S

I wouldn't assume that - I applied the blocker within Edge or Windows 10 or whatever and don't see any ads at all, but I have still experienced very slow and clunky running this week. After a lengthy stable period actually.

43 minutes ago, Barclay said:

I wouldn't assume that - I applied the blocker within Edge or Windows 10 or whatever and don't see any ads at all, but I have still experienced very slow and clunky running this week. After a lengthy stable period actually.

Ditto - ad blocker activated, but no immunity from glacial operation periods.

CJI.

Was good until about 19.04 this evening. Then about 30 seconds for a new page to load (blank page), but it only partly loads. (Image is pale with a "loading" box at the bottom of the page) for another 40 seconds or so. Then I got this error message.

NoXFXvp.jpg

Edited by Night Train

• RMweb Premium
13 hours ago, AY Mod said:

Unable to replicate that here so it's not a system fault. Probably a css and browser glitch. Just try again.

Are you ever tempted to say its a picnic error? , I'll get my coat. Thanks for all the hard work this site takes of yours probably far beyond what you are paid for as well.  

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
17 minutes ago, Blandford1969 said:

Are you ever tempted to say its a picnic error?

Many times! Not in this case necessarily but I have some right howlers to deal off-site with from those who are unable to login/those who email me with a reply to a topic and countless more. Some staff haven't jabbed against PICNIC-19 yet either which doesn't help.

"Did you keep the box it came in?"

• Friendly/supportive 2

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

It seems to go through periods where it's okay but it's poor to awful at least half of the time for me. Right now seems to be one of its better times when it's merely 'poor. Last night I could barely read it.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, New Haven Neil said:

it seems intermittent, Andy - hardest faults to find of course, sods law.

I think it might be a caching problem as the front page and the frequently used ‘newest’ activity seem to be loading at normal speed, but links to individual threads are slow to load. If it were an Oracle database behind the scenes, I would have a few suggestions, But it is probably not, so I won’t pass them on :P

• RMweb Premium

RMWeb has been consistently slow to load today and I had error 522 a while ago, but the most noticeable occurrence was a message at about 21:43 : " RMWeb is currently unavailable", the screen froze and the topic material I was viewing disappeared from my screen, but The advertising video player continued uninterrupted. Don't know if there's any significance in that, but thought I'd post this in case its at all useful.

Regards, 

John

PS Laptop, Windows 10

• Agree 1

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Brit70053 said:

the most noticeable occurrence was a message at about 21:43 : " RMWeb is currently unavailable", the screen froze and the topic material I was viewing disappeared from my screen, but The advertising video player continued uninterrupted. Don't know if there's any significance in that, but thought I'd post this in case its at all useful.

Thanks,

That was when I was trying to break a connection whilst trying to correct a process.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Got an “RMWeb is currently unavailable” page this morning with full RMWeb heading - never seen that one before.

The Down for Everyone site confirmed that RMWeb was down - as it was yesterday for about an hour.

Now back up, but the site is still crawling this morning.  Is the allocated server storage almost full up?   

Cheers

Darius

Wondering if anything has changed over the weekend regarding page names or indexing? None of my Firefox bookmarks linking to RMWeb topics work anymore, and just take me to the forum top-level.

Is this a known thing and I've missed it somewhere?

Edited by billy_anorak59