Sonic Models OO Gauge Robinson A5

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, richard i said:

They look good, but I hope the lining is just for effect rather than the design which will be used as it is missing some of the detail. There should be a step out from the top curve to the section running down the back rather than a straight feed in. 
richard 

I would feed that directly to Rails with a photo to illustrate it as this isn’t a manufacturer or agents thread so they won’t be guaranteed to see it. 

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 06/04/2022 at 12:16, Edge said:

Last I heard, delivery was expected some time in Q2, but of course I’ll defer to those who are actually making the model on that one 

They'd previously said decorated samples would be with them after Chinese New Year, but we're past that now so sadly seems likely they'll be a delay. Hope am wrong

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 27/05/2022 at 11:44, Helmdon said:

anyone heard anything? just as we approach the final month of Q2. I'm guessing the delays that are hitting everything else are going to hit here too but someone might have heard something...

When I asked about it in the shop they said 'later this year'.  Which was pretty open ended

• Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, drt7uk said:

I am just idly nagging, an update would be ace... 🙏

It's no use nagging me, I don't know. 😉

I don't think anyone at Rails is paying attention to this thread and it doesn't appear that they are monitoring notifications generated by adding @... either.  Plus I think copying my post just notifies me and not Warren and Oliver too.

The Rails website hasn't changed for ages and one could be forgiven for wondering if they're not owning up to some kind of additional delay.  If the A5s were going to arrive in "summer 2022" then the container(s) exact location would already be known and a more accurate delivery date/month would be available.  Like with so many things at the moment we'll just have to continue to be patient.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Premium

Recent emails from Rails advertising the shop 'open day' offer the prospect of someone who may attend (no I won't be there) asking about the A5, but I note that Sonic are not mentioned among the multitude of  manufacturers who will be represented.

The adverts in the latest magazines I've seen still suggest Q3 for delivery, but who knows with publication lead times and world events all having impact on the accuracy of published information ?

Regards,

John

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, drt7uk said:

Just phoned Rails to ask the latest and they said mid to late September, possibly early October if it gets delayed (but that they weren't currently aware of any delays).

Pretty astonishing (in a good way) if they manage the week after next - Mid September - having been this quiet this long.

• Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, spackz said:

I asked again this week, as due to the current climate want to budget as much as possible. They're hoping they arrive by the end of the year now, so have reduced my order to one.

That is disappointing, but in the current circumstances, understandable. Q3 2023 it is... 😅

• Like 1