Impossible to contact or buy via their website.

Lord_Woody

A few weeks ago I attempted to buy a wagon from the Minerva website but each time I got an error message. I sent an email, which went unanswered, and when I use the contact us form on their website I get an 'Error establishing a database connection' message.

I'm on a Mac and have tried using 4 different browsers, each time I'm unable to get anywhere, I just wondered if anyone else is having problems or is it just me?

• Administrators

I think the answer to the earlier e-mail not being answered might lie in the top news story on the website:

Closing for a well earned break 17th July to 8th August

Like many of our smaller traders, holiday time means the firm shuts down - they aren't a Amazon size operation - and it is clearly mentioned on the site. If there in-Box is anything like mine, even after a week, there is still catching up to do!

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, Lord_Woody said:

To be fair I did see the notification of the holiday,

But didn't bother to tell those who you are asking a question of that you had; but you did say that your email had gone unanswered.

The clues are all there.

I emailed them on the 4th of August in the expectation that they would respond on their return, which was on the 8th. A working week later I have had no reply. I run my own business and respond to emails when I'm away, let alone a week after I've come back, but hey, let's make it all my fault shall we?  What I was actually asking was whether anyone had any issues with the website or whether the problems was at my end, this has now been turned around to make a stick to beat me with, ironically.

Edited by Lord_Woody
clarity
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Lord_Woody said:

I emailed them on the 4th of August in the expectation that they would respond on their return, which was on the 8th. A working week later I have had no reply. I run my own business and respond to emails when I'm away, let alone a week after I've come back, but hey, let's make it all my fault shall we?

It's August, in the middle of a pandemic. Deal with it. 

• Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1

The whole of France may close down for August but it's not like that here, and, had you bothered to read the initial question it was in no way a complaint about Minerva, it was a question about whether anyone else was having an issue with the website, or was it just me. Jeez.

• Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 3

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, Lord_Woody said:

I emailed them on the 4th of August in the expectation that they would respond on their return, which was on the 8th. A working week later I have had no reply. I run my own business and respond to emails when I'm away, let alone a week after I've come back, but hey, let's make it all my fault shall we? 

So now you've modified your post, too. As I'm sure you are aware, not very long ago Minerva, who do not manufacture in my scale or gauge, but whose products I have much admired, lost one of its key mover and shakers, with the unexpected death of Chris Klein, who was a regular and popular poster on RMweb. Many small creative businesses would have just folded their tent and given up when a founder member was suddenly gone. Let's all be grateful for their continuing existence and cut them some slack?

• Agree 5
  • Round of applause 2

I modified my 3rd post for clarity, as I explained when I modified it. My OP asked if anyone was having problems with the website ( answer, yes), that's all I was asking, it's just that some people feel the need to butt in and make more of it than I was, for whatever reason. I accept some people just get pleasure from being awkward and argumentative, which is being amply demonstrated here, so I'll leave the thread now and ignore your passive/aggressive nature and get on with running my own small creative business whist being sure to learn my lesson go never bothering to ask a simple question here, because there's always going to be some grumpy person who's spoiling for a fight.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• AY Mod locked this topic
  • Moderators

Thanks to @Gilbert for the following from Facebook.

Just a quick 'heads up' to advise that our website server is experiencing problems on a world wide basis, so access to the site is occasionally not working.

Hopefully this will be a short hiccup, but it is never a good time to have these issues.

In the meantime, if you want something quickly, just ring on our landline 02920 531246.

3 hours ago, Lord_Woody said:

there's always going to be some grumpy person who's spoiling for a fight.

If the cap fits.

• Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Round of applause 3