Kirkby-in-Ashfield, Notts. 9th/10th October 2021

88C

• RMweb Gold

The Elizabethan Railway Society are back with our annual exhibition at the Summit Centre, Pavilion Road, Kirkby-in- Ashfield, NG17 7LL (off Low Moor Road)

Opening times, Saturday 10 - 5 Sunday 10 - 4.

Admission, Adults £4.50, accompanied children free. Refreshments and free parking.

www.elizabethanrailwaysociety.com

We are still confirming layouts and traders but so far the layouts that have confirmed are:-

Sutton-in-Ashfield Town (00)

Britannia Mills (00). Withdrawn

St. Marys (0-16.5)

High level Junction (N)

Elmfield (N)

Avyn-a -Llyin (009)

Karolina Falls ((0n-30)

North Road (N)

Cumanavago (00)

Industrivej (H0)

Westbrook (N). Late addition.

I will up-date the details as soon as I have anything new.

All of this is, of course, subject to any new regulations that may be imposed.

Hope to see you there,

Brian   

Edited by 88C
Layouts updated
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I have just updated the layouts confirmed for the show, we are still hoping to add to the list.

We also have a display, Steaming Back to Kirkby Loco, commemorating the 50th anniversary of the closure of Kirkby-in-Ashfield MPD.

More details of the show to follow.

Brian

• RMweb Gold

The layout list has been updated.

We also have some demonstrations/displays.

HMRC

MERG

DEMU

Cardboard Works

Trade.

Sherwood Models

Trackside Video

Pete Abbott (second hand)

G Harrison

More information will follow as soon as I have it.

Brian

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

This time next week it will be all over and we should be out of the Summit Centre.

I have just made a change to the list of layouts, hopefully the last.

Brian

Quick question or 2 first will you be taking card or cash only (I don’t mind what the answer is I will just have to take out cash if it is cash) secondly would it be ok if I film at the show I have done nice videos of both of the Nottingham shows this year 

• RMweb Gold

Hello Richard, thanks for getting in touch. We are cash only for entry and the Summit Centre who do the refreshments are also cash only. You might like to look at the discussion taking place under the topic of how do you pay at exhibitions, I have made some contributions there.

We have no objections to you filming as long as layout owners are OK with it.

If you are able to attend that will be great, I will most likely be on the club sales stand so please say hello, if I remember I might have my RMWeb badge on.

Brian

9 hours ago, 88C said:

Hello Richard, thanks for getting in touch. We are cash only for entry and the Summit Centre who do the refreshments are also cash only. You might like to look at the discussion taking place under the topic of how do you pay at exhibitions, I have made some contributions there.

We have no objections to you filming as long as layout owners are OK with it.

If you are able to attend that will be great, I will most likely be on the club sales stand so please say hello, if I remember I might have my RMWeb badge on.

Brian

Thank you. I should be there on Saturday morning and I will do my best to say hi

trains in the attic is my channel and I will share a link here when the video is done 

richard

• RMweb Gold

Only a few days to go now. 

The club layout this time is Sutton-in Ashfield town, the actual station was about half a mile from our club room, now it is part of the Asda site.

IMG_5053.JPG.bb0a07699d79a4a05ef033a9d6fbf49b.JPG

Just a reminder that entry, refreshments and club sale will be cash only.

Brian

• RMweb Gold

Friday afternoon, nearly set up with only a couple of layouts still to arrive. All we need now are the visitors.

IMG_5784.JPG.83f6c27318c3c888cc23be190d1e8700.JPG

IMG_5785.JPG.259a15df3686fe2d1a5568986109b083.JPG

Brian

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am interested in collating information from recent shows about attendance, compared with pre-Covid years.   The aim would be to help inform other clubs about what to expect or plan for when reaching decisions.   Can you quantify anything from the K in A  Show please e.g. the percentage change in attendance compared with the last equivalent show?  Thanks in anticipation.

Stephen Wolstenholme