Ready to Run BR outline class 47

cwlwch

The 3mm Society launched the first British outline 12mm gauge loco for over 50 years in 2020. The Class 57 was based on Piko Bo-Bo chassis with a resin cast body and bogie extensions to make it Co-Co.  The original batch of 20 locos was pre-sold so a second batch was built using 3D printed body. The model was produced in two tone green or rail blue. all 40 locos have been sold and a few extra orders remained unsatisfied.  The build was completed ostensibly by the North West group of the 3mm Society.

47 Blue.jpg

47 Green.jpg

• Like 2

Lincoln-Locos have also produced an RTR diesel, the class 24. Unlike the 47 which has a foreign chassis modified to look like a 47, Lincoln-Locos produce a specific correct chassis, in this case 8 wheel drive and no tyres.  I have already seen a 37 and a 40 running, as well as the 24 I own, and these will be available at a later date. All chassis's will be specifically made for each class of loco. These RTR models do require the owner to paint in what ever livery they want themselves. 

It also runs around Tri-ang curves too.

IMG_20210923_225054.jpg

IMG_20210914_135406.jpg

IMG_20210914_135538.jpg

Edited by Silverfox17
  • Like 4
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

On 24/09/2021 at 17:43, Silverfox17 said:

Lincoln-Locos have also produced an RTR diesel, the class 24. Unlike the 47 which has a foreign chassis modified to look like a 47, Lincoln-Locos produce a specific correct chassis, in this case 8 wheel drive and no tyres.  I have already seen a 37 and a 40 running, as well as the 24 I own, and these will be available at a later date. All chassis's will be specifically made for each class of loco. These RTR models do require the owner to paint in what ever livery they want themselves. 

It also runs around Tri-ang curves too.

IMG_20210923_225054.jpg

IMG_20210914_135406.jpg

IMG_20210914_135538.jpg

Looking forward to getting mine ....and further locos...just hope I can spread the wheels apart? If not it's staying 12mm

18 minutes ago, bradfordbuffer said:

Looking forward to getting mine ....and further locos...just hope I can spread the wheels apart? If not it's staying 12mm

I don't think they will be long on being delivered now.  I guess you are looking at 14.2?  I have no idea on the feasibility but with a wheel puller I imagine 1mm on each wheel should not be a problem. As they are the chassis is first class and remarkable for all being hand made with no mass production factory as such. I am looking forward to a couple of other classes being produced sometime.

4 hours ago, Silverfox17 said:

I don't think they will be long on being delivered now.  I guess you are looking at 14.2?  I have no idea on the feasibility but with a wheel puller I imagine 1mm on each wheel should not be a problem. As they are the chassis is first class and remarkable for all being hand made with no mass production factory as such. I am looking forward to a couple of other classes being produced sometime.

Yep for my sins I wanted to go 14.2 .just wish thay came up with a snazzy name using point somthkng in mm seems very high brow!...chassis look good. Hell of a development for 3mm scale 

On 02/10/2021 at 15:30, bradfordbuffer said:

Yep for my sins I wanted to go 14.2 .just wish thay came up with a snazzy name using point somthkng in mm seems very high brow!...chassis look good. Hell of a development for 3mm scale 

If we called it the actual gauge it would frighten even more off as in reality it is 14.125  but by using gauges means you don't actually have to measure anything to three decimal places. At one stage there were some standards published called P3.

Simon

Just now, Heacham said:

If we called it the actual gauge it would frighten even more off as in reality it is 14.125  but by using gauges means you don't actually have to measure anything to three decimal places. At one stage there were some standards published called P3.

Simon

yep....i had known that S3 and P3 where used at different times would of been nice to stick with one name, 4mm have S4 P4 EM OOFS OO etc... just a bit of a pain saying "its 3mm scale, about 1:100ish, like the old triang TT from the 60s, but with wider tracks" 

G

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, bradfordbuffer said:

yep....i had known that S3 and P3 where used at different times would of been nice to stick with one name, 4mm have S4 P4 EM OOFS OO etc... just a bit of a pain saying "its 3mm scale, about 1:100ish, like the old triang TT from the 60s, but with wider tracks" 

G

Well we do have TM gauge for 13.5, the 3mm equivalent of EM. The reason for not using S3 or P4 is that they come with finer standards than we use for 14.2. Templot uses FM for 14.2, not sure where Martin got the name from.

Think the reason is we have one Society dealing with all the different gauges so it's natural just to refer to the gauge.

Nigel