Shapeways - Magical price increases between Cart and Checkout: How is this not a rip off?

Edwardian

On 02/10/2021 at 18:09, The Johnster said:

I'm sure Simon, Rue d"Etropal, will not mind me using him as an example.  He has produce a very useful range of coach and locomotive bodies and some buildings for 3D printing, often prototypes that are niche/left field and unobtainable elsewhere.  The effort he puts in is in CAD design or in producing files or drawings that can be made into CAD files to feed into a printer, which then produces the model.  This is very handy if you want, for instance, an A7 auto trailer; Simon, as Recreation Models, can provide you with the fully detailed bodyshell complete with buffers and roof ventilators, though Shapeways. 

I left  this aspect out of my earlier reply. But bearing in mind I model the Underground in N gauge, Bermuda Railway in N gauge, and metre Gauge Portuguese in HOm,  Shapeways makes my hobby possible - for me to model prototypes I find interesting or have an affinity to (in my case near places where I have lived). So while I have no connection to the business except as a customer, i am a big fan of what they do because I have no desire to buy a 3D printer to print the limited amount of stock I need, no desire to scratchbuild (nor ability to do so), and am able to give my custom to Simon, TT trams and N-train, all of whom are designers that have made my niche interests even possible.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Premium

I am trying to work this out, I am thinking of buying an LBSC signal box in N scale, list price is £26.31, put it in cart, price goes up to £31.57.  How?

On top of that is the already known about silly postage costs, processing fee and VAT but none of those extra charges add up or in any way seem to relate to the  £5.26 difference between list and cart price!

Edited by John M Upton

37 minutes ago, John M Upton said:

I am trying to work this out, I am thinking of buying an LBSC signal box in N scale, list price is £26.31, put it in cart, price goes up to £31.57.  How?

On top of that is the already known about silly postage costs, processing fee and VAT but none of those extra charges add up or in any way seem to relate to the  £5.26 difference between list and cart price!

+20% VAT

• Like 1
  • Agree 2