Lais DCC Decoder issue

John40131

I am just setting up DCC++EX on my 2 year build layout which after building a shed to fit it in I am know moving on to running, I built a DCC++EX Base Station using a Mega and Arduino Motor shield No Wifi shield till all works, but I have an issue with a Lais Decoder I have, after trying to set up in JMRI I may have messed the decoder up as it worked fine on a Hornby Select but motor wont run when added to roster with address 3 on the program track ( I am using a Lais Decoder Tester with decoder connected ) and use throttle, if I put on Main track motor runs at full speed and throttle has no effect, I tried a CV 8 setting to 4 and when I check all CV's they are all correct to Lais sheet except when I select CV33 I get a No responce from Decoder and unless I reset Track power OFF/ON I cant read any other CV's..

If anyone can help I would be most grateful, I have a Class 55 loco with same Decoder but im loathed to put on this setup until I find what ive done wrong..

Regards John

Verify if your version of motor shield require wire between some pins (think it is 2 and 13) and which traces need to be cut. Also some of the motor shields looks like the one prescribed for DCC++ex but doesn't work because some feed back circuit is missing.  Have a look around the DCC++ forum.

You can also re-calculate CV 29 to your requirements. On very odd occasions it does it own thing with addresses.

I found the issue after posting on a number of forums, someone suggested there was DC on the Track output, so tried Uno with DCC++ and that worked fine, tried DCC++EX on Uno and that also worked fine, went back to Mega and found there was a light missing on Track power and motor running at full speed, and after checking continuity between all the data pins D12 had no connection so linked a piece of wire and then it worked fine ... 3 days of trial and error ...LOL

Then found issue login on with phone and tablet but found on the DCC website and was PASS_ and the alphanumberic code on network ... all working now

Also thought i'd messed up the decoder om the tester but was just the problem as above and as soon as got on main track all worked ...