Palbrick B in OO gauge

Paul.Uni

• RMweb Gold

The prototype photo on KR Models website is of a wagon with BR Morton pattern 4-shoe brakes, but I see the EP has the 8-shoe clasp type, as applied to wagons built from 1957. Are they doing both?

Also, I seem to recall some hint that there would be loads produced for these wagons, but can't find any confirmation of that. Anybody know?

John 

29 minutes ago, Dunsignalling said:

The prototype photo on KR Models website is of a wagon with BR Morton pattern 4-shoe brakes, but I see the EP has the 8-shoe clasp type, as applied to wagons built from 1957. Are they doing both?

Also, I seem to recall some hint that there would be loads produced for these wagons, but can't find any confirmation of that. Anybody know?

John 

Well if the manufacturer chooses not to offer them, it's a safe bet that at least one of the 3D printing traders would get round to producing them

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dunsignalling said:

Clasp brakes [and roller bearings] were fitted to those built late 1959 and after. All earlier than that had 4-shoe Morton and oil axleboxes, according to David Larkin, apart from some of the Medfit conversions, of which three lots out of four had LMS clasp brake chassis and oil boxes.

It's an awkward prototype to model, so I was pleased to see the prototype photo, but very disappointed to see that the model was the late version as it's too late for me [as well as being far less common]. Either of the earlier versions would definitely be interesting, though.

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Cwmtwrch said:

Clasp brakes [and roller bearings] were fitted to those built late 1959 and after. All earlier than that had 4-shoe Morton and oil axleboxes, according to David Larkin, apart from some of the Medfit conversions, of which three lots out of four had LMS clasp brake chassis and oil boxes.

It's an awkward prototype to model, so I was pleased to see the prototype photo, but very disappointed to see that the model was the late version as it's too late for me [as well as being far less common]. Either of the earlier versions would definitely be interesting, though.

Thanks, that makes them too "new" for me, as well.

I have a couple of McGeordie's kits somewhere in the stash, which represent the earlier specification. Looks like I shall have to have another go at finding them!

John

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
10 hours ago, Ken.W said:

Yes that's right, the label clip at left hand end of solebar

A red over white label's a Not To Go, so it'd  have been 'put off' in a siding

Perhaps the artwork was prepared using one of Paul Bartlett's photos?

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/paulbartlettsrailwaywagonphotographs/e186c5734

Downside of using photos of a wagon all by itself is there may be a reason for it :)

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
5 hours ago, Bucoops said:

Perhaps the artwork was prepared using one of Paul Bartlett's photos?

https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/paulbartlettsrailwaywagonphotographs/e186c5734

Downside of using photos of a wagon all by itself is there may be a reason for it :)

Plus notwithstanding what it says about the history of this livery idea the wagon itself is also clearly identifiable as in mid 1968/later condition because of the yellow data panel.  But of course both the Not To Go label and the Data Panel could be easily painted over.

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 4

I don't understand the reference in the ad to the Monday Club. 

Is that the same right wing political organisation that even the Tory party dissociated themselves from?

I assume this is yet another fictional PO livery.

KR are producing the wagon as sets of three, so if you only want one, I suppose you could get this and repaint.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

I don't understand the reference in the ad to the Monday Club. 

Is that the same right wing political organisation that even the Tory party dissociated themselves from?

I assume this is yet another fictional PO livery.

KR are producing the wagon as sets of three, so if you only want one, I suppose you could get this and repaint.

It's the name of @Jenny Emily's youtube channel thingy.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 18/05/2022 at 17:33, Michael Hodgson said:

You can use a similar method to acquire a single Accurascale MDV. The JK logo is easy to remove.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, gpplumy said:

fraid so lol , someone sold one the other day for £70

Oh my word!! You can nearly buy three for that price of the main range ones. Makes me think I should have kept more than two for myself, but so many people desperately wanted one that I released to sale eight of the ten I was going to keep for myself. 

1 hour ago, gpplumy said:

if you could only find one lol

They sold out extremely quickly. Despite the usual haters trying to talk down the project, they proved exceptionally popular and sold out faster than quite a few of the main range versions. 

The new commission of the Palbrick is also doing just as well if not better. It will not hang around. 

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
5 hours ago, gpplumy said:
6 hours ago, newbryford said:

You can use a similar method to acquire a single Accurascale MDV. The JK logo is easy to remove.

if you could only find one lol

There would seem to be plenty around.  I bought two from Rails of Sheffield and then decided to auction one on eBay, complete with original box and logo.   It fetched slightly less than I paid for it.  Somebody got a bargain.

4 hours ago, Jenny Emily said:

The new commission of the Palbrick is also doing just as well if not better. It will not hang around. 

Thanks for the tip, Jenny Emily.  At 29 pounds including postage for a simple four wheel wagon this needs careful thought, however I'd better decide quickly and get my order in soon if I'm going to have one.

Edited by cessna152towser
  • Like 3