Palbrick B in OO gauge

Paul.Uni

"William Loud"  Must be a livery application error?

Surely it should be William Love. Illegitimate son of Joseph Horatio who, out of revenge bought his late fathers Banana Brick Company to turn it's clay pits into a Winter sports emporiorium and experimental cattle insemination unit.

https://flic.kr/p/HXMSaw

Edited by Porcy Mane
  • Funny 1

1 hour ago, Porcy Mane said:

"William Loud"  Must be a livery application error?

Nope. William Loud and Sons is explained in the description on the Rails listing. 

with regard to the ‘not to go’ card this is being removed from the livery. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Jenny Emily said:

Nope. William Loud and Sons is explained in the description on the Rails listing. 

Nope, I don't believe it. I've raised you one Love brick. Now show me your Loud flyer. 

On 20/05/2022 at 14:40, Jenny Emily said:

with regard to the ‘not to go’ card this is being removed from the livery. 

Will they be removing the square yellow panel to the middle of the wagon as well jenny? Someone here stated that it placed them after the steam era. :)

• RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, gpplumy said:

Will they be removing the square yellow panel to the middle of the wagon as well jenny? Someone here stated that it placed them after the steam era. :)

That's debatable point but I reckon the yellow data panels missed the end of BR steam by a month or two unless any had been applied a bit early.   I'm fairly certain that no steam classes were included in the Loads Tables for the new Freight Train Loads system and I didn't go on the course until around August anyway.  But an important point is that even at the end of 1968, the year in which data panels were introduced, there were far more wagons around that didn't have them than those which did

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Just had an email from KR Models saying my order from October 2021 is being processed.

Make what you like of that but hopefully they will be with us soon..

Cheers,

Mark 

8 minutes ago, BlackRat said:

I’ve also had the email and saying I am being charged £60 plus postage but….

The website is still staying £50 !?

Anyone any knowledge?

£50 + 20% VAT = £60.

The website is not a UK website so doesn't show UK taxes.

• Like 1

Freightliner match wagon, anyone found a picture of an ex Palbrick in use, I've been through the Paul Bartlett page but can't find any pictures of a train out on the mainline. It will be interesting to see how the bar coupling from from a Bachmann FGA mates up.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 17/04/2022 at 11:35, Dunsignalling said:

The prototype photo on KR Models website is of a wagon with BR Morton pattern 4-shoe brakes, but I see the EP has the 8-shoe clasp type, as applied to wagons built from 1957. Are they doing both?

Also, I seem to recall some hint that there would be loads produced for these wagons, but can't find any confirmation of that. Anybody know?

John 

For anyone making their own brick loads, make sure the load top is below the level of the slots in the sides.

These were provided for the forklift tines to lift the plywood sides off the slotted ends.

They also stopped the brickworks overloading the wagon!

• Informative/Useful 1

3 minutes ago, Jenny Emily said:

From the video I’ve filmed for next Wednesday. All six livery samples: 

DD093718-F599-4689-832B-AEC7C4DE3699.jpeg.25af61ff960171fae802783f579709d5.jpeg

What is the evidence for black end braces / lettering panels?

My understanding is that most / all originally had body coloured (bauxite) end braces to match the body, with white lettering thereon, in the normal manner.

John Isherwood

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

16 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

What is the evidence for black end braces / lettering panels?

My understanding is that most / all originally had body coloured (bauxite) end braces to match the body, with white lettering thereon, in the normal manner.

John Isherwood

The pictures on KR Models's own website (that appear to be from 1967/68) show black bracing with bauxite bodies

Additionally it appears that they have mixed end bracing colours in the packs of 3 models - so some of the bracing is black and some bauxite on the same model (I guess their research found examples of this)

Edited by 5Dublo2

2 minutes ago, 5Dublo2 said:

The pictures on KR Models's own website (that appear to be from 1967/68) show black bracing with bauxite bodies

No it doesn't!

https://www.krmodels.net/product/br-palbrick-wagon/

That is my photo. I let KR have it, but it has been misused because they aren't doing that brake rigging and I haven't heard a word from them about the use of the photo in years, despite their advertising removing the copyright. 

The ends are dirty, you can see they are rail freight red as the number panel has been cleaned and that is the colour the writing is on. 

When did this black for the model come in, it wasn't shown on earlier photos of the models. 

Have they modelled the extended headstock of the Freightliner runner? It doesn't look like it. 

I'm pleased I model in 7mm, 4mm is becoming too expensive! £50..... 

Paul

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 3

A note on pallets for those loading their original-type Palbricks. The pallets would have been what were commonly known as ‘block-Enders’, two-way pallets with boarded top and bottoms as this would have been before pallet trucks and modern four-way ‘standard’ pallets.

The idea was that they were unloaded by forklift onto lorries for site delivery, which was the big failing in this design as agricultural-type forklifts didn’t really arrive till the 1970’s and in many cases the labour saved was only at the brickworks end. Too often the bricks were ‘handballed’ onto lorries no differently from off standard high opens, thus negating the whole concept!
 One of those innovations that hadn’t been fully thought-through, especially when Beeching drastically reduced the number of goods yards.

Away from a site with direct rail access  they were pretty pointless.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

If VAT is to be added? That makes it £20 per item for an incorrectly liveried wagon. Factor in paint, transfers & time if you care about accuracy. Begins to make Mr. MacDonald's kit all the more attractive.

Why do manufacturers make simple errors?

Edited by Porcy Mane