Swiss SBB and BLS bahnhof därligen HO

railway gun

• railway gun changed the title to Swiss SBB and BLS bahnhof därligen HO

Därligen is one of those stations that's perfect for a model railway, with the lake in front and just the road between it and the steep hillside behind it's perfect for a narrow shelf layout. But does this mean you will also be doing Interlaken West Station and if so will you include the lake steamer terminal ?

• RMweb Premium

I remember Darligen - especially standing in the rain in the field across the road, on 20th August 1988, to get a good view of the foreign and Swiss steam workings into Interkaken as part of the celebration of 75 years of the BLS.

Then we bought one of the Vollmer kits of the station for my - then teenage - son and a proposal was made to rebuild our then HO loft layout into a proper model of the station. This did not happen for a number of reasons, but as part of the preparatory investigations a Swiss friend - Gaudenz Burkart - undertook a bit of survey work and provided me with the following plan and sections (note the catenary arms are shown correctly for the time) in June 1995

839842143_DarligenGBPlan001.jpg.b508eeff22585f47ad6befcbbb45e531.jpg

1539692726_DarligenGBPlan002.jpg.23c9a16bab911edf71ca03cedd8c8880.jpg

232663516_DarligenGBPlan003.jpg.401956a7afa9a38226810a3a6503b184.jpg

Hope the above might help your layout development.

Gaudenz is a Swiss railway engineer, who I got to know through his work for Brown Boveri - later ABB - on the London Underground 1986 Tube Stock and Central Line Stock. He is now winding down, but still works for ENOTRAC after a long spell at Stadler. A resident of Chur, his main railway modelling interest is the RhB in HOm - he has made some very good models of vehicles not found in the usual catalogues.

Due to family issues and changing interests, our model of Darligen never progressed beyond the station building that now lives with my son in his display cabinet with a few relevant vehicles.

However, I still enjoy Swiss railways, with a bit of LGB style RhB in the back-garden and some Coarse scale "Classic Spur 0" 3-rail - like this:

IMG_0548.jpg.c6341106bf6a3a3b966bb7f269ecc7aa.jpg

P1080519.JPG.20119f3f6d96f21c568cc4d6536b6ac1.JPG

The Lego Krokodil just sits and looks pretty, but I do have a "Rai-mo" kit and a pair of ETS power units to work on - sometime!

Regards

Chris H

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...