• RMweb Gold

Assuming that the Western World, Eastern Bath or even West Wiltshire doesn't get devoured by plagues of locusts, cease to function, fall off the edge of the planet or do anything else catastrophic or silly before the event,

(and as previously trailed by Jerry)

Larkrail is "go"!

In a slight change to the previous announcement, the date for next year's show is now confirmed as being;

Saturday the 23rd July 2022

Opening hours from 10.00am to 4.30pm

The hall has been booked.

The venue is the same, The very nice New Oriel Hall in Larkhall, on the eastern side of Bath.

Jerry and I have a number of fantastically exciting new innovations that we will even reveal to you all before the event.

Part of our cunning plan is a possible degree of multi site-ery, which opens up the wonderful thought of Larkrail becoming the show that is all over the place....

I am sure Jerry will be sorting out some spiffing artwork shortly, I won't put the original artwork with the previously trailed date here because it will confuse the Hell out of me...

Watch this space, as they say....

• Like 11
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold

Larkrail.jpg.02709bcb67e9b6ce77373beb9b937076.jpg.2f1d1f0ef87202c1d2d4a028d44379a0.jpg

Larkrail does indeed return, now that the hall is booked we can confirm that it will be on Saturday July 23.

I can also confirm that Kim's Cakes (as seen at the Warminster show) is already booked and we are in the process of booking all sorts of wonderful layouts, acts and demonstrators. As the boy said at the top of the thread - watch this space......

Jerry 

IMG_0340.JPG.0f51a6ac12133d6178ba9d98abc078f3.JPG

• Like 10
  • Round of applause 5

• RMweb Gold

That's excellent news, Jerry. 

Rob. 

Edited by NHY 581
And Simon...........

• RMweb Gold

That's excellent news, Jerry. 

Rob. 

Edited 12 minutes ago by NHY 581
And Simon...........

Blimey, demoted already - and it's by one of our very finest "boys in blue".....

Edited by Not Jeremy
added humor
  • Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

Blimey, demoted already - and it's by one of our very finest "boys in blue":o:jester:

In my defence, yer warship, I wuz procceding in an horderly manner when my attention was drawn to summat else and I was momentarily distracted in that most unfortunate of manners thereupon causing the aforesaid oversight hon my beharf. I is therefore orf to walk the stray dogs by way of recompense. 

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

In my defence, yer warship, I wuz procceding in an horderly manner when my attention was drawn to summat else and I was momentarily distracted in that most unfortunate of manners thereupon causing the aforesaid oversight hon my beharf. I is therefore orf to walk the stray dogs by way of recompense. 

Feeble....take him down...

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold
19 minutes ago, Liddy said:

Good evening all, I see a flurry of activity on October 27th and 29th. As an avid Larkrail attendee I have to ask; Is this still a goer ( plagues notwithstanding)? 

Absolutely, Simon and I are like coiled springs ready to leap into action with some detailed planning - in the next couple of weeks!

watch this space.

Jerry

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

The full Larkrail steering committee had a pow-wow this morning and both of us agreed that we would have a full meeting next week - possibly also including our catering supremo.

Number one on the agenda is to make sure that everything we would like to fit in will indeed fit in the New Oriel Hall and not require the Albert Hall. 

Number two on the agenda is to ensure we do a proper job of number one.

Number three being to break for lunch.

Shortly after this high level summit I will be contacting everyone to see if they would like to come which, in the main, will be those who had agreed to come back in 2020 plus a few extra surprises. This, of course, is all dependent on agenda item number one. Needless to say we have lots of wonderful ideas to enchant and delight you...... watch this space.

Jerry

• Like 8
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Following said pow wow I have retrieved various useful items useful or otherwise for the aforementioned summit meeting, including phone numbers various, a scale rule, the floorplan, pieces of cardboard cut into layout type shapes and blu tack.

I can also confirm that the hall is not only booked, but also paid for - so the show absolutely has to go ahead!!

More to come....

Simon

Edited by Not Jeremy
removing dud images
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Given the very sad news about Grahame Hitchen today, here he is in a typically cheerful pose at Larkrail in July 2016.

From left to right, John Farmer, Tim Woodland, Tim Maddocks, Grahame and Chris Foren.

RIP Grahame

Simon

Edited by Not Jeremy
Adding another Tim
  • Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 6

• RMweb Gold

I am able to report that today saw the successful conclusion of the first Larkrail summit meeting

IMG_0480.jpg.8b37ca83e1b6357305786697c12e9515.jpg

It took place in a secret location guarded by highly trained and vigilant security dogs

IMG_0479.jpg.0906cc1b8b15ffe3b01bb99f4a8e741f.jpg

It involved travelling in one of these

IMG_0302.jpg.97cf6954a5428678671ee21f2e5655f3.jpg

Not doing any of this

IMG_0429.jpg.bafc399bb80c93e197464a26184e6dd4.jpg

And I saw this:

IMG_0461.jpg.630c60b1f57299e826015bcbe0b20f42.jpg

Forms are being filled in and will be sent out, telephone calls made....

Thanks for a great day Jerry!

Edited by Not Jeremy
pictures back
  • Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Premium
37 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

I am able to report that today saw the successful conclusion of the first Larkrail summit meeting

IMG_0480.jpg.a9e684890e471b4d740e80a0e77559ee.jpg

That must have been some meeting to have filled the back of the envelope and used part of the front too!

• Like 1
  • Funny 4