• RMweb Gold

A further meeting recently took place and we now have a floorpan and everything, Jerry is taking it all very seriously....

1164246279_IMG_1061(2).jpg.83b6bada9d5d61373a0751e8308f5afd.jpg

One of the many attractions on July 23rd will be two stunning models of "Active" and "Bulldog" in 1/32 scale, together with their builders Steve Harrod and Andrew Vines. These were both built from Fred Phipps' kits.

IMG_1157.jpg.865b3884176050a3f6b550a44667a615.jpgIMG_1151.jpg.a2c292f53755bafbab58ab05b6972608.jpg

Simon

• Like 10

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Will there be cake ? 

Just asking for a friend you understand.......

Rob. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Will there be cake ? 

Just asking for a friend you understand.......

Rob. 

I refer my learned friend to the poster what that good egg AY did for me....

Jerry

• RMweb Gold
6 minutes ago, queensquare said:

Jerry

I am grateful for the re-direction, missed in the first part due to an unaccountable occular misinterpretation.  I will, of course pass on, with no small degree of alacrity, this most splendid news..........

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

I am grateful for the re-direction, missed in the first part due to an unaccountable occular misinterpretation.  I will, of course pass on, with no small degree of alacrity, this most splendid news..........

Keep up at the back please...

sheep-picture-id962277162?k=20&m=9622771

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

48 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

Keep up at the back please...

nBUTAHM-01.jpeg.0d80ed35aea738f16a69263ae85137b1.jpeg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, queensquare said:

Jerry

We respectfully advise those who perambulate without sufficient urgency that there may be a deficit of aforesaid delectables upon your arrival and occupation of the pantry due to the presence of persons of ravenous, possibly also cavernous, capacity in the preceding moments.  

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

9 hours ago, queensquare said:

IMG_3293.JPG.c1f91ab4ea440ed354ada41b137e646a.JPG

The origin of the mis-quotation ought to be acknowledged...  or at least committed to the weekly sermon in churches all along the relevant railway line.

Edited by Western Star

• RMweb Gold

Just like the upcoming Glastonbury Festival, the full lineup isnt released until late in the day but I can now reveal the full selection of delights that await those attending this years Larkrail.

I will be posting photos and other teasers in the run up to show day.

Jerry

Larkrail 2022

Saturday 23 July 10.30 – 4.30

Entry: £7.00, Accompanied children free

New Oriel Hall, Larkhall, Bath, BA1 6RA

Layouts, demonstrators and traders plus Kim’s Kitchen featuring cakes!

Layouts

Black Rock

G1 Dennis and Annette Lepper

Irish trams from the late 19th and early 20th century. The layout represents one of the small satellite depots built on cheap land on the edge of various Irish tramway systems such as that at Lucan on the outskirts of Dublin. Both the buildings and trams are drawn from various systems across Ireland so it will be perfectly possible to see a tram from Cork passing another from Dublin or Belfast. Dennis and Annette will be operating the layout in memory of their late father Chris, a prolific and highly skilled modeller and long-time supporter of Camrail.

Upwatch Works

7mm Richard Phipp

The Watchmouth railway is an imagined line set in deepest Dorset built to serve the growing town of Watchmouth and its neighbouring Napoleonic prison. Upwatch works strives to cope with the demands of keeping the locos and stock in some sort of order in the face of the Great Western’s intrusion into their territory – the latter’s broad-gauge line running right past the foot of the works. The layout, based on the classic inglenook design, allows for the shunting of handbuilt wood and card stock and sets out to demonstrate that O gauge does not necessarily require lots of space to be fun.

Peasevern Yard

7mm Rob Owst

Peasevern Yard is inspired by the Midland Railway Avon Street yard in Bristol, nestled in the shadow of Bristol Temple Meads station. In the late 1970’s the yard was used for the transport of Cement, Molasses and occasional Scrap trains with trains being handled by class 03’s and later class 08’s. The sidings were removed in the 1980’s and little trace of the railway remains today.

Bethesda Sidings

4mm 00 Tim Maddocks

The layout represents a small goods yard located on a might-have-been branch line between New Radnor and Rhyadar in Mid-Wales, close to the English border. A light railway runs down the valley and forms a junction (off scene) with the BR line. Following assumed rationalisation, light railway locos and trains are permitted to work into the BR goods yard. The layout was inspired by the small layouts of Rob Gunstone and was built partly to create a setting for the lovely scratchbuilt goods shed and weighbridge office, which are the work of Paul Iliff of Devon, who sold them when he changed scales a few years ago. The photographic backscene was put together in Photoshop by the skilled hands of Andy York, from my own photos taken near Knighton.

Moredon South

4mm 00 Adrian Full

Adrian’s might have been was largely built to justify the purchase of a Hornby Ruston 48DS shunter. In reality Moredon was a small halt with sidings serving a power station on the western edge of Swindon, which became one of the last active locations on the rump of the Midland & South Western Junction Railway. Ceasing generating power in 1973, the track to serve it remained in situ until 1978. But what-if there had been a dairy there, as well, or maybe instead of, the power station? And what if some of Swindon’s post-war housing had been constructed thereabouts rather than where it had actually been built? Could the halt have survived? True, the reversal at Rushey Platt would have been an operational inconvenience, although push-pull operation and later diesel unit operation would have eased things somewhat, so maybe, just maybe!

Shelfie 2

4mm 00 Paul Marshall Potter

The latest in PMPs series of shelf layouts, Shelfie 2 depicts a Northumbrian drift mine coal disposal point, off the Whittle Colliery line set in the ten years from 1969 to 1979.

Woodside

4mm 00 Dave Spencer

Woodside, set in the late 50’s, early 60’s, captures beautifully the atmosphere associated with the branch lines that once served small mining communities in the Forest of Dean. Built on two levels,  the upper level features a truncated branchline where steam powered auto trains and various railcars continue to provide a limited passenger service. Below are exchange sidings for the nearby colliery.  Both NCB and BR locos can be seen manoeuvring rakes of steel and wooden bodied wagons into and away from the loading area.

Ovjusko Stari

Croatian O gauge Paul Stanford

The layout brings a slice of the Balkans to the UK and is believed to be the only 0 gauge layout of Croatian Railways. Inspiration has been holidays to Croatia and journeys on scenically stunning single-track lines through mountainous landscape, with staffed stations, semaphore signalling and 50 year old locomotives and freight operations no longer seen in the UK. 

Foxbury

Foxbury is imagined to be a medium sized market town in the Cotswolds and the layout portrays the branch terminus as it might have appeared c1955. The frequency of trains though is something of an exaggeration as the prototype would probably have less than half a dozen trains a day at best! As so often happened in the country, the station is a fair walk from the town itself as you can see from the backscene. The stock is mostly kit built along with a few scratch-built items. The buildings are all scratch-built from either card or plastic sheet and are models of prototypes in Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire.

Heybridge Wharf

3mm Mike Corp

The layout was built for the 50 something challenge to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the 3mm Society 1965 -2015. The scenic part is 50 inches long by 50cm wide and is built to fine scale standards with a track gauge of 14.2mm.

Heybridge Wharf is purely fictitious and is situated somewhere in Suffolk at one of the last inland wharfs still operating. The railway was built under the Light Railways act as the Hey Light Railway to connect the town of Heybridge to the Great Eastern Main Line via Heybridge Wharf.

Pitt Hill

2mm Mick Simpson /Iain Rice

Pitt Hill is the result of a collaboration between Iain Rice and Mick Simpson in the scale of 2FS.

It is an attempt to reproduce in miniature the self-acting or gravity operated railways that were used to transport coal in County Durham in the 20th century, this model principally takes inspiration from the Bowes Railway system that existed just south of the Tyne in the Springwell area of Gateshead. It is not a model of any specific location but aims to be representative of the innovative way coal often found its way from colliery to staithes in this part of Northeast England.

Wisteria Collop

009 Dave Simpson

A simple but highly attractive narrow gauge scene set in Dave’s fictitious land of Somershire.

Demonstrators

Dave Easto/ Steve Cook – Gauge 1 and above

Steve Harrod/Andrew Vines – Gauge 1 Hydraulics

Laurie Griffin/Simon deSouza – Highland railway in 4 and 7mm

Giles Favell – Model railways and Radio control

Pete Kirmond - an exclusive first public showing of Pete’s stunning ‘York under the roof’ in 2mm.

John Greenwood – John will be bringing a selection of his latest projects including his 2mm Diamond Jubilee layout entry.

Richard Simmonds – DCC

Traders

Branchlines

ModelU

Titfield Thunderbolt bookshop

Edited by queensquare
  • Like 9
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold

Morning Jerry, 

Spiffing. See you there. In the interim, I shall see what I can bring along to plonk on Bethesda when Tim's not looking............

Rob. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
28 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Morning Jerry, 

Spiffing. See you there. In the interim, I shall see what I can bring along to plonk on Bethesda when Tim's not looking............

Rob. 

Splendid, something completely innapropriate I hope - he's very keen on that kind of thing!! 🤣

Jerry

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, queensquare said:

Splendid, something completely innapropriate I hope - he's very keen on that kind of thing!! 🤣

Jerry

Something ex LNER please. That would be enough to upset him!🍌🍌

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, queensquare said:

Just like the upcoming Glastonbury Festival,

So Mr Rice has replaced the John Peel tent so it’s it the Pyramid teabag stage for the Kim’s cakes and refreshments?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

There will be no tea bagging!, I've been promised.

That’s what happens when you get your plurals mixed up 🤣

We are talking the ‘art’ of a proper cuppa 🤩

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Re6/6 said:

Something ex LNER please. That would be enough to upset him!🍌🍌

Mmmmm.................

• RMweb Gold
43 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

Mmmmm.................

Thinking about it, speaking as the acting deputy operator, if something like this would come to pass lives would be made a misery, so maybe not such a good idea.

• Funny 1

5 minutes ago, Re6/6 said:

Thinking about it, speaking as the acting deputy operator, if something like this would come to pass lives would be made a misery, so maybe not such a good idea.

Tis only a lark that the erswhistle gentlesheep suggests, a J70 or perchance a little green diesel with mechanical shenanigans.

I am sure he would not dare situate upon Bethesda a mechanically superior Pacific tender engine lest it's weight buckle the light trackwork twich it sits upon

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, Re6/6 said:

Like a red rag to a sheep.....or something like that...

• RMweb Gold
6 hours ago, queensquare said:

4mm 00 Tim Maddocks

The layout represents a small goods yard located on a might-have-been branch line between New Radnor and Rhyadar in Mid-Wales, close to the English border. A light railway runs down the valley and forms a junction (off scene) with the BR line. Following assumed rationalisation, light railway locos and trains are permitted to work into the BR goods yard. The layout was inspired by the small layouts of Rob Gunstone and was built partly to create a setting for the lovely scratchbuilt goods shed and weighbridge office, which are the work of Paul Iliff of Devon, who sold them when he changed scales a few years ago. The photographic backscene was put together in Photoshop by the skilled hands of Andy York, from my own photos taken near Knighton.

Thanks for the information on the most interesting line-up, Jerry.

I just thought I'd point out, though that I haven't built the layout known as '4mm OO Tim Maddocks' yet. Good name for an O gauge layout, perhaps. 😛😉

• Thanks 1
  • Round of applause 1