Dartmoor Model Services - New Range of 3D Printed Models

Brinkly

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Captain Kernow said:

I think it looks great, Nick and there is a space on Callow Lane which needs filling very soon!

One other thought, how about a version with the door open? Not something you see modelled that often.

Then you need a figure for the Lampie standing by the door.  Who will volunteer to be scanned as the Lampie and have they got a suitable broom handle ;)

PS  And you'd need some lamp interiors, fortunately they are/were bigger than the padlock. 

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Here's another suggestion - how about a typical steam era Western Region metal lineside location cabinet, perhaps one or two different sizes?

All the RTP ones currently on offer seem to be of a more modern design.

I think St Simon (elsewhere on RMweb) was going to add them to his range of 3d printed items - I measured several different ones for a good while back but I must admit to a degree of bias as I only measured the smaller ones because the large version isn't really suited to many locations in the steam age.  I haven't got. a link to his 'shop' so can't confirm if they are, or aren't, currently available from him.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
On 31/10/2021 at 13:24, Neal Ball said:

Definitely we are in need of GWR platform seats, I doubt we will see the Cooper Craft ones again. 

Agreed, and the BR(W) lettered version would be a good variation for those of us modelling later (and even current day) operations. 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all the kind feedback and comments on this thread.

After a couple of months refining our models and building our webstore we're happy to announce we are live!

Please take a look at our webstore: www.dartmoormodelservices.co.uk

We have added a couple of new items to our catalogue with plenty more to come in the coming months.

If you have any suggestions of models you'd like to see please do let us know, either in this thread, via the contact page on our site or direct through enquiries@dartmoormodelservices.co.uk

Many thanks

Matt and Brinkly

Edited by DartmoorModelServices
  • Like 4
  • Round of applause 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Received my GWR corrugated iron hut a few days ago. An excellent little product at a very competitive  price. More power to you! 

Edited by TrevorP1
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 14/05/2022 at 14:14, DartmoorModelServices said:

Hello everyone,

Thank you for all the kind feedback and comments on this thread.

After a couple of months refining our models and building our webstore we're happy to announce we are live!

Please take a look at our webstore: www.dartmoormodelservices.co.uk

We have added a couple of new items to our catalogue with plenty more to come in the coming months.

If you have any suggestions of models you'd like to see please do let us know, either in this thread, via the contact page on our site or direct through enquiries@dartmoormodelservices.co.uk

Many thanks

Matt and Brinkly

Hello Guys,

Could you convert the web/email addresses in your post into clickable links? I'm sure you'd get more direct traffic that way.

• Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I recently placed an order from Dartmoor Model Services for a couple of GWR Lamp Huts and some Milk Churns.

Today I received the excellent prints that have winged their way from South Devon all the way to the West Riding.

Wonderful prints that are crisp and capture the prototypes nicely. I am looking forwards to getting some paint on them. I will post a blog entry shortly.

Great service from Matt and Nick and well recommended.

As an aside can I suggest an LMS brick built platelayers hut. I am sure a model version does not exist in 4mm scale.

Cheers,

Mark 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2