KMRC announce Exclusive Accurascale 00 gauge Class 92 in Stobart Rail livery as 92017 ‘Bart the Engine’

Kernow MRC

The Kernow Model Rail Centre announce an Exclusive 00 Gauge Class 92 “Bart the Engine” number 92017 in the distinctive Stobart Rail livery available to pre-order.

210924_KMRC_Stobart__4.jpg.bffee0a41bac295c86dcc22a44cd9926.jpg

On the 27th October 2009 Class 92 locomotive 92017, formally named “Shakespeare” was outshopped in to Stobart Rail blue and white livery and named “Bart the Engine”.  It is operated by Direct Rail Services and based at Crewe International Electric T&RSMND.

1622241217_210924KMRCStobart_3.70691.jpg.bc877da68d8eafb94a01607c069a15ae.jpg

The Kernow Model Rail Centre Exclusive highly detailed model in 00 Gauge is being produced for KMRC by Accurascale. The model runs on a heavy die-cast metal chassis with all-wheel drive and electrical pick up; and features dual motorised pantographs, a wealth of detail including sprung buffers, separately applied etched metal and plastic detail parts, including grab handles, steps, wipers and nameplates. Lighting includes directional lighting in both DC and DCC modes, lighting clusters with appropriate day and night-time modes, red and white marker lights and separately switched cab lighting and illuminated details driver’s console with auto off on movement. Provision for sound and DCC is via a 21Pin MTX Socket.

The Exclusive model is priced at £189.99 for DCC ready https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/70691/K2692-Accurascale-Class-92-Electric-Locomotive-92-017-Stobart

and £289.99 for DCC Sound Fitted versions https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/70692/K2692SF-Accurascale-Class-92-Electric-Locomotive-92-017 

The models will be available in Quarter 3 2022.

210924_KMRC_Stobart__1.jpg.5e26f6f65a2d0f01429e76a6b38ae21f.jpg

Graham Muspratt, Development Manager, said: “Having already produced ‘Bart the Engine” as a KMRC Exclusive N gauge model earlier this year, it was a logical step to work with Accurascale to bring this distinctive livery to 00 gauge via their all new high specification model.”

• Like 11

6 hours ago, Kernow MRC said:

The Kernow Model Rail Centre announce an Exclusive 00 Gauge Class 92 “Bart the Engine” number 92017 in the distinctive Stobart Rail livery available to pre-order.

210924_KMRC_Stobart__4.jpg.bffee0a41bac295c86dcc22a44cd9926.jpg

On the 27th October 2009 Class 92 locomotive 92017, formally named “Shakespeare” was outshopped in to Stobart Rail blue and white livery and named “Bart the Engine”.  It is operated by Direct Rail Services and based at Crewe International Electric T&RSMND.

1622241217_210924KMRCStobart_3.70691.jpg.bc877da68d8eafb94a01607c069a15ae.jpg

The Kernow Model Rail Centre Exclusive highly detailed model in 00 Gauge is being produced for KMRC by Accurascale. The model runs on a heavy die-cast metal chassis with all-wheel drive and electrical pick up; and features dual motorised pantographs, a wealth of detail including sprung buffers, separately applied etched metal and plastic detail parts, including grab handles, steps, wipers and nameplates. Lighting includes directional lighting in both DC and DCC modes, lighting clusters with appropriate day and night-time modes, red and white marker lights and separately switched cab lighting and illuminated details driver’s console with auto off on movement. Provision for sound and DCC is via a 21Pin MTX Socket.

The Exclusive model is priced at £189.99 for DCC ready https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/70691/K2692-Accurascale-Class-92-Electric-Locomotive-92-017-Stobart

and £289.99 for DCC Sound Fitted versions https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/70692/K2692SF-Accurascale-Class-92-Electric-Locomotive-92-017 

The models will be available in Quarter 3 2022.

210924_KMRC_Stobart__1.jpg.5e26f6f65a2d0f01429e76a6b38ae21f.jpg

Graham Muspratt, Development Manager, said: “Having already produced ‘Bart the Engine” as a KMRC Exclusive N gauge model earlier this year, it was a logical step to work with Accurascale to bring this distinctive livery to 00 gauge via their all new high specification model.”

Is it full price at order, deposit or pay on delivery?

6 minutes ago, Craig1989 said:

Rang up this afternoon and ordered mine with sound and didn’t have to pay a deposit 

cheers Craig 

Cheers, on the website it takes you to the checkout and says "pay £289.99", I am pretty sure it won't take the money straight away. 

• RMweb Premium
3 minutes ago, ac1874 said:

Cheers, on the website it takes you to the checkout and says "pay £289.99", I am pretty sure it won't take the money straight away. 

The online system will take full payment immediately for all orders, but if it’s not going to be in stock within 28 days they’ll refund you the payment (somewhere between immediately and a few days later) and then charge you once the item is in stock. 

Edited by NaN
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ac1874 said:

Hi,

If you ring the number on the website, you can order immediately and then pay either when the item is ready for dispatch from the Warehouse or when you go in to collect it from either the Camborne or Guildford shop, depending on what option you decide to take.

Simon

Edited by St. Simon
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, ac1874 said:

Orders placed online for 'out of stock' or new items yet to be released, which cannot be guaranteed to be supplied within 28 days, are charged at the time of the online order and then refunded and the items placed on back order. You will be charged again for the items once they are either imminent or in stock.

If you wish to place a pre order for 'out of stock' or new items yet to be released without your card being charged and refunded then please ring us on 01209 714099 to place an order then we will not charge until ready to despatch, but you still need to provide your payment details.

See https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/pg/103/First-time-user

• Thanks 1

Hello.  This looks great but I need to ask one thing first, something that I did ask you about when the N gauge one broke cover but unfortunately, never received a reply.  Here goes: Will the roof remain the colour it is in the photos above, or will it become a light grey like the Revolution Trains version in N?  The one above looks like a much closer representation to the real thing than the N gauge one, however, I was advised by RT that their lighter grey was correct and as per the colour spec received from Stobart, themselves.  It seems strange that the OO version by Accurascale should then be different given both are Kernow Ltd editions.  Different colour specs between manufacturers, perhaps?

Revolution 92 (2mm scale)

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/65673/N92017-Revolution-Trains-Class-92-Electric-Locomotive-Stobart

Accurascale 92 (4mm scale)

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/n/120/Kernow-Model-Rail-Centre--announce-Exclusive-Accurascale-00-gauge-Class-92-in-Stobart-Rail-livery-as-92017-‘Bart-the-Engine’

I'm not complaining about the price, but I would like to know before ordering as I don't particularly want to have to respray a brand new model like I would have had to do with the N gauge version, which is why I passed on it.

Thanks for your time,

Paul,

An avid Stobart collector

• RMweb Gold
7 hours ago, Clarkey77 said:

Hello.  This looks great but I need to ask one thing first, something that I did ask you about when the N gauge one broke cover but unfortunately, never received a reply.  Here goes: Will the roof remain the colour it is in the photos above, or will it become a light grey like the Revolution Trains version in N?  The one above looks like a much closer representation to the real thing than the N gauge one, however, I was advised by RT that their lighter grey was correct and as per the colour spec received from Stobart, themselves.  It seems strange that the OO version by Accurascale should then be different given both are Kernow Ltd editions.  Different colour specs between manufacturers, perhaps?

Revolution 92 (2mm scale)

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/p/65673/N92017-Revolution-Trains-Class-92-Electric-Locomotive-Stobart

Accurascale 92 (4mm scale)

https://www.kernowmodelrailcentre.com/n/120/Kernow-Model-Rail-Centre--announce-Exclusive-Accurascale-00-gauge-Class-92-in-Stobart-Rail-livery-as-92017-‘Bart-the-Engine’

I'm not complaining about the price, but I would like to know before ordering as I don't particularly want to have to respray a brand new model like I would have had to do with the N gauge version, which is why I passed on it.

Thanks for your time,

Paul,

An avid Stobart collector

I would beg to differ on this one, for me the Accurascale roof is too dark. Lighting makes a big difference, but here the roof looks much lighter than near black: 

https://flic.kr/p/dSYqZm (not my photo)

Roy

• RMweb Premium

Looking at a few photos, could it be that the roof above the cab is black, and the roof above the body side is the same body side blue? As shown here (not my photo):

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/18317144@N04/50453492607/

The whole roof seems to weather to a similar colour in other photos (which ironically looks almost like the original RfD blue), eg 

Red Bank 92017

(also not my photo)

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

It’s definitely one of those colours that looks different in every photo but we have confirmation of the colour from the very chap who specified it for the loco :) 

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, amwells said:

Looking at a few photos, could it be that the roof above the cab is black, and the roof above the body side is the same body side blue? As shown here (not my photo):

https://www.flickriver.com/photos/18317144@N04/50453492607/

Well that link seems to prove both are wrong!

Roy

• RMweb Gold
54 minutes ago, McC said:

It’s definitely one of those colours that looks different in every photo but we have confirmation of the colour from the very chap who specified it for the loco :) 

With respect, that is exactly what RevolutioN said and theirs is a different colour. I am beginning to think somebody doesn't really know ;)

Roy

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

We have confirmation from the man who was responsible for selecting 017 for the Stobart paint job in the first place that the roof is black. A well wisher who works in the IEMD where it is now based has checked for us and confirms we are correct. I believe also that the roof on the Stobart 66s was also black? Certainly my model of Eddie the Engine is too? Black can be quite reflective with light direct on it, especially on sunny days.

Hope this helps but we're sure we have it correct.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
5 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

We have confirmation from the man who was responsible for selecting 017 for the Stobart paint job in the first place that the roof is black. A well wisher who works in the IEMD where it is now based has checked for us and confirms we are correct. I believe also that the roof on the Stobart 66s was also black? Certainly my model of Eddie the Engine is too? Black can be quite reflective with light direct on it, especially on sunny days.

Hope this helps but we're sure we have it correct.

Cheers!

Fran 

Hi Fran,

Did you click the link in @amwellspost above? That is a photo I had not seen before and tells a different story, Certainly the cab rooves look to be black - as for the rest definitely not.

Roy

• RMweb Gold
20 minutes ago, Roy Langridge said:

Hi Fran,

Did you click the link in @amwellspost above? That is a photo I had not seen before and tells a different story, Certainly the cab rooves look to be black - as for the rest definitely not.

Roy

Looks filthy if anything :)

64357652_Screenshot2021-11-04at09_33_54.png

1 hour ago, Roy Langridge said:

That is not the image I see linked in his post: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18317144@N04/50453492607/

Edit: Pretty much ex-works and a blue roof.
Roy

I see a glossy black roof with the sky reflected in it?

As an aside, DRS 66s can look to be dark blue all over depending on light, but they have a black roof too.

Jo

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 11 months later...
  • RMweb Premium
18 minutes ago, StuAllen said:

Is the plan for these to be delivered at the same time as the rest of the Accurascale class 92’s? wonder how the box will be decorated

Perhaps instead of a normal box, they will come in a model Tesco container (a 7mm scale container would be good).