"Flippem Automatic Coupling System" a replacement for Dingham couplings

MarcD

Great news Marc. :good: As I suspect I’m not the only one who will be ordering from across the pond(s) and hoping this post may save you from having to respond to a dozen emails, how would you like to handle the postage? 

Cheers,

David

• RMweb Premium

Marc

Is it possible to order different items from the range collectively or should I just pay for each item individually.

I'm looking to buy a starter pack, the Standard/+1 Flippem pack, the Loops for back fitting and the Height and Depth gauge.

Hi Ray

It's a bit of a glitch on the website for some reason you can order multiples of the same item in one go but it doesn't let you ordered different items at the same time.

If you want I can send you an invoice for your order with out going through the website if you want?

Marc

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, MarcD said:

Hi Ray

It's a bit of a glitch on the website for some reason you can order multiples of the same item in one go but it doesn't let you ordered different items at the same time.

If you want I can send you an invoice for your order with out going through the website if you want?

Marc

Yes Please if that makes it easier for you.

Is there any difference at your end if I pay with PayPal or a card?

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick up date for everyone who has ordered couplings. I have been promised, by my etcher’s, that I should the etches by Tuesday at the latest. Once they have arrived I will be shipping them out you. I have ordered extra stock so if there is anyone who is yet to order I will have some stock spare.

Marc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
16 minutes ago, MarcD said:

Just a quick up date for everyone who has ordered couplings. I have been promised, by my etcher’s, that I should the etches by Tuesday at the latest. Once they have arrived I will be shipping them out you. I have ordered extra stock so if there is anyone who is yet to order I will have some stock spare.

Marc

Thanks for the update.

• Agree 1

I didn't want my to start this post with the word "Apologies" but I'm going to have to apologise to everyone who was expecting to take delivery of the couplings that they have ordered. 

I have been let down by the company who supply's my etches. I was told that I would have them by Monday or Tuesday, this week, at the latest. When nothing arrived, I contacted them thinking that it would be a shipping issue. 24 hours later I have just had a reply from them. They have now told me that I should now get them next Monday or Tuesday. I wasn't told why there has been a delay so to say that I'm not a happy bunny is an understatement. I feel that I'm letting people down as I have promised delivery this week and that isn't going to happen. 

Please bear with me I will get orders out to everyone as soon as I have the etches.

Marc

• Friendly/supportive 3

Some good news. I have just had an email from DHL informing me that the etches are on their way. So I should have them in the next 48 hours. As soon as I have them in my hands I will be packing up the orders and getting them out to you all.

Marc

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 2

More good news! The etches arrive this afternoon. I'm busy packing up all the orders as we speak and I will be gong to the post office tomorrow with them. So everyone should have their order by the end of the week. 

The First time you will be able to see them in the flesh, so to speak, will be at Doncaster on the 11th of June, followed by the Carlisle O gauge Group's 21st anniversary show on 25/26th of June, Stafford (GuildEx) on 3/4th Sept and  Scalefourum (High Wickam) 24/25th Sept. More shows may be added to this list.     

Marc 

Edited by MarcD
Typo
  • Like 4

Breaking News! I have been invited to demonstrate the couplings at the Birtley show (Gateshead) on Saturday. I will be demonstrating how to select, build and install the couplings. I will have a few packs of both the 7mm and 4mm versions with me if anyone wants to pick some up face to face.

Marc

All of the initial coupling orders have now been posted out, so you should have them in a day or two. I'm hoping to finish my instruction video this afternoon and I will be posting the on here and on my YouTube channel.

Marc

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Marc.  I'm late to the party and only found out about Flippems last week.  I liked Di ghams but they proved to be very weak when used in trains that had heavy ABS wagons in them., or indeed your original containerised coal wagons with the WM boxes.  I have some Di gham fitted stock and need to both retrofit those and also fit auto uncouplers to quite a few vehicles.  How much stronger are your design.

Thanks in advance.

Jamie Guest.

Hi Jamie,

To answer your question on strength. Vastly stronger. I have increased the thickness of material by 1/4 and increased the cross section of the loops by a 1/4 as well. 

Hope this helps

Marc