Best offer prepay feature, is this new ?

muddys-blues

Hello, I have noticed on eBay now, whenever I make a best offer, I have to go into PayPal and prepay for the item, which is a bit of a faff.

Also it is a bummer on multiple offers to the same buyer, as it will charge postage on each individual item.

So for example, I make an offer of 6 x sets of points, and each point has been listed individually with a £2.50 postage charge, then prepay is charging me £2.50 for each item accepted.

So I am then in trust to the seller for refunding me some of the £18 postage eBay would charge me.

Anyone else having this issue ?

Best regards

Craig 

• RMweb Gold

Having just received some money from PayPal, I see that the fees are deducted before the money comes into the account. So if you want the seller to refund postage, it will cost him to do so. 

If there are multiple items you want to buy, better to contact the seller and ask for a combined invoice before you pay. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, muddys-blues said:

Hello, I have noticed on eBay now, whenever I make a best offer, I have to go into PayPal and prepay for the item, which is a bit of a faff.

Also it is a bummer on multiple offers to the same buyer, as it will charge postage on each individual item.

So for example, I make an offer of 6 x sets of points, and each point has been listed individually with a £2.50 postage charge, then prepay is charging me £2.50 for each item accepted.

So I am then in trust to the seller for refunding me some of the £18 postage eBay would charge me.

Anyone else having this issue ?

Best regards

Craig 

Interesting....I put in a best offer last Wednesday and it didn't ask me to do that....must have literally just come in?

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, pheaton said:

I can't quite follow how that would work.

Does this mean that if the seller declines your best offer then Paypal need to issue a refund?  

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

33 minutes ago, cessna152towser said:

Does this mean that if the seller declines your best offer then Paypal need to issue a refund?  

I am not sure either.  As an occasional seller I know that you can opt to automatically accept offers above a set value, so it would only make sense if the offer is above the minimum, and therefore a successful purchase.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 08/11/2021 at 15:50, cessna152towser said:

PayPal puts it as a stand by charge on the account, so if the seller refuses, you don’t actually get charged

Craig.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1