Jump to content
*IMPORTANT* - Please check with any organisers website to see if an event is still proceeding before making a journey.

Perth Model Railway Exhibition 25 and 26 June 2022


Waverley47708
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • RMweb Premium

Not long to go now - really looking forward to this.  It'll be my first show for over two and a half years.  My debit card is looking forward to it as well, although my bank balance isn't!

 

DT

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 13/05/2022 at 14:15, Waverley47708 said:

 

Don't worry, your usual spot is waiting for you in the Hall 2, Stand 87.

 

 

DCkits-DEVideos-Realtrack Models-Legomanbiffo Digital Sounds will have available a Batch of 20 Sound Fitted Class 26 & Class 27s (Weathered & Prestine) at the show this weekend starting from £195.00.  Don't think they will last long !!!!!

 

Charlie

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Premium

Oh hell, just realised I booked a holiday over these dates .  So tested positive on the day of Model Rail Scotland and now on holiday . Looks like I’m destined not to go to any big exhibitions this year . I wonder if Falkirk is on ? 

  • Friendly/supportive 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
13 hours ago, charliepetty said:

DCkits-DEVideos-Realtrack Models-Legomanbiffo Digital Sounds will have available a Batch of 20 Sound Fitted Class 26 & Class 27s (Weathered & Prestine) at the show this weekend starting from £195.00.  Don't think they will last long !!!!!

 

Charlie

 

V5s with tank fitted speakers?  If so, I'll be in the queue 😉

 

 

Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 55020 said:

 

V5s with tank fitted speakers?  If so, I'll be in the queue 😉

 

 

Steve

Most of them are V5 decoders with twin speakers in the Fueltanks.

 

Charlie

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, charliepetty said:

DCkits-DEVideos-Realtrack Models-Legomanbiffo Digital Sounds will have available a Batch of 20 Sound Fitted Class 26 & Class 27s (Weathered & Prestine) at the show this weekend starting from £195.00.  Don't think they will last long !!!!!

 

Charlie

 

Would you be able to reblow a LokSound V4 to the 26 sounds at the show ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, charliepetty said:

Yes we will, see you there. Ian & Charlie

Can you please bring one of your ‘bells and whistles’ APT sound decoder sets, and I’ll finally buy it off you? We spoke at Glasgow and I keep meaning to phone you - more likely to finally do it if I see you!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to bringing Dobris. The layouts  only show this year and will be the longest distance show that we will have brought a layout to - all the way from the South East.

 

Photos taken at its last show which was in deepest Kent back in 2020.

 

 

 

 

20200222_165237.jpg

20191130_121212.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, amwells said:

Can you please bring one of your ‘bells and whistles’ APT sound decoder sets, and I’ll finally buy it off you? We spoke at Glasgow and I keep meaning to phone you - more likely to finally do it if I see you!

Hi there, just to be sure !!  Which option do you require, I assume option G ??? :

APTp Option A : 1 X Micro Decoder & Sugarcube Speaker.

APTp Option B : 1 X Normal Decoder & 20mm X 20mm Speaker.

APTp Option C : 1 X Micro Sound Decoder inc Sugarcube speaker + 2 Non Sound Decoders.

APTp Option D : 1 X Sound Decoder inc 20mm X 20mm Speaker + 2 Non Sound Decoders.

APTp Option E :  1 X Normal Sound Decoder inc 2 X 20mm X 20mm Speakers + 2 Non Sound Decoders.

APTp Option F :  1 X Micro Decoder (Power Car) & 2 X Slim ESU Sound Decoders (Driving Trailors) all with Sugarcube Speakers. 

APTp Option G :  3 X Normal & Slim Sound Decoders Inc 3 X 20mm X 20mm Speakers.

 

Let me know:    Charlie

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 08/06/2022 at 22:04, Legend said:

Oh hell, just realised I booked a holiday over these dates .  So tested positive on the day of Model Rail Scotland and now on holiday . Looks like I’m destined not to go to any big exhibitions this year . I wonder if Falkirk is on ? 

 

Legend,  Falkirk is on this year and dates are 19th & 20th  of November. They have a new venue this year ;-

 

Grangemouth Athletic Stadium

Kersiebank Avenue

Grangemouth

FK3 0EE

 

Remember to mark up your diary before you book another holiday!

 

Jim

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Premium
On 11/06/2022 at 11:26, Jim49 said:

 

Legend,  Falkirk is on this year and dates are 19th & 20th  of November. They have a new venue this year ;-

 

Grangemouth Athletic Stadium

Kersiebank Avenue

Grangemouth

FK3 0EE

 

Remember to mark up your diary before you book another holiday!

 

Jim


lol Thanks Jim . Appreciate  the advance notice ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Places at the free DCC seminar can be booked at the entrance desk. 

DCC Seminars - 2pm on Saturday and Sunday of the show.  Perth Model Railway Show 25 and 26 June 2022, Dewars Centre Perth.

 

236139352_Screenshot_20220612-212857_YahooMail.jpg.8221cb638c3c3578c7d5b20f3f72e27f.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

The railway strike has come at an inconvenient time for sure. This is the second time in recent years that a strike has affected our show. Anyway, a reminder that park and ride facilities are available both Saturday and Sunday at Broxden, Perth from where a bus route will take you in to a stop near to the Dewars Centre. Parking at Broxden is free.

 

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Broxden-Park-and-Ride/Perth-Station-Scotland

Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of changes to the line up for this weekends show. 

 

Due to the rail strike Stand 21 Lochgorm Kits and Stand 22 Scalefour Society have had to withdraw.  The East of Scotland 4 mm Group and West of Scotland 4 mm Group will take up the space.

  • Friendly/supportive 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 16/06/2022 at 12:18, SEM63A said:

The railway strike has come at an inconvenient time for sure. This is the second time in recent years that a strike has affected our show. Anyway, a reminder that park and ride facilities are available both Saturday and Sunday at Broxden, Perth from where a bus route will take you in to a stop near to the Dewars Centre. Parking at Broxden is free.

 

https://www.rome2rio.com/s/Broxden-Park-and-Ride/Perth-Station-Scotland

Is parking at the Dewars Centre still free/unrestricted?  I seem to recall there was some issue about charges being introduced the last time you had an exhibition but that they were not applied for your exhibition?  I might have misremembered though!

Link to post
Share on other sites

There are a couple of locos that seem especially exited about attending the show!    Eastfields 37033 proudly displays its rail-tour head board specially fitted for this weekends visit!

15C8D591-175F-4611-876C-9183800B2EC1.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

On 22/06/2022 at 00:16, 26power said:

Is parking at the Dewars Centre still free/unrestricted?  I seem to recall there was some issue about charges being introduced the last time you had an exhibition but that they were not applied for your exhibition?  I might have misremembered though!

Answering my own question, it seems that there are now charges.

 

Up to 4hrs is 50p.

Up to 6hrs is £6.

Up to 12hrs is £12.

 

From:

https://www.liveactive.co.uk/News/car-parking-at-perth-leisure-pool-and-dewars-centre
 

Hope this helps, especially if you are going for the day/most of the day!

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, 26power said:

Answering my own question, it seems that there are now charges.

 

Up to 4hrs is 50p.

Up to 6hrs is £6.

Up to 12hrs is £12.

 

From:

https://www.liveactive.co.uk/News/car-parking-at-perth-leisure-pool-and-dewars-centre
 

Hope this helps, especially if you are going for the day/most of the day!

 

Great info.  It makes the park & ride option something of a no brainer for anyone planning to spend most of the day at the exhibition.

 

 

Steve

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...