Perth Model Railway Exhibition 25 and 26 June 2022

Waverley47708

1 hour ago, Nigelcliffe said:

Charges on Saturday,  Sunday is free.    (as per the website link ). 

- Nigel

Yes, sorry.  I was interested in the situation on Saturday as that’s when I plan to attend.

Pop Up Designs will be there, on their first public, as it were, outing to gauge interest in their railway building range. Both Iain, the designer, and the Pop Up team will be there and they are looking for feedback and suggestions for their offerings so drop by and encourage them in their efforts, as they have done a lot more for ScR modelling than most other trade sources over the years. Pop Up is a social enterprise set up and Iain is doing the input as a labour of love  and both are to be encouraged in their efforts, I think...

pop Up.jpg

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

A great show as always.  The crowd seemed smaller than pre-COVID, but perhaps this was more due to the cost of petrol combined with the lack of trains?

Favourites:  Charwelton and SDEG's Wellpark, both amazing layouts. 

It was great to see Charlie and Bif on the DC-Kits stand.

Steve

• Like 1

12 hours ago, 55020 said:

A great show as always.  The crowd seemed smaller than pre-COVID, but perhaps this was more due to the cost of petrol combined with the lack of trains?

Favourites:  Charwelton and SDEG's Wellpark, both amazing layouts. 

It was great to see Charlie and Bif on the DC-Kits stand.

Steve

Good to hear you enjoyed it. I am just heading off there now!

Cheers

David

Ditto above. So nice to be able to do these things again - great show as always. I struggled to pick a fave layout as there were quite a few took my fancy.  Everyone I spoke to was really friendly and helpful.  

• RMweb Gold

We enjoyed taking Dobris to the show. Its our furthest distance show with any of the layouts and was well worth the the trip.

When we arrived Friday lunchtime we were soon allowed  into the hall and had plenty of help to unload the layout from the car. We had a good space for the layout.

On Sunday we soon had the layout down and loaded to the car outside.

Thanks to all the team for the invite and a well organised show.

• Thanks 1

A big thank you (if you can pass it on please) to the band of volunteers that helped us pack the Luton on Sunday evening!

It made a big difference having assistance to move Charweltons  boards and other paraphernalia to the van!

Thank You all! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

The winning layouts from our exhibition.

The Harburn Hobbies Shield for best in show as voted by the public: Alan Aitken with Lewis Lake (Wyoming)

The Robert Bruce Memorial Shield for scenic modelling: Robin Brogden with Museum of Transport

The Jimmy Robertson Cup for technical merit: Trevor Gibson with Bridgwater (S&DJR)

The Ten Commandments/Greenscene Trophy for modelling excellence: Farnham and District MRC with Wickwar

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
21 hours ago, 43110andyb said:

A big thank you (if you can pass it on please) to the band of volunteers that helped us pack the Luton on Sunday evening!

It made a big difference having assistance to move Charweltons  boards and other paraphernalia to the van!

Thank You all! 

Totally echo what Andy has said. When we arrived, we had what seamed to be the whole club helping unload the layout and cut down the amount of time it would have taken the advanced party to do it with just the two of us.

The show was great and the Charwelton into the 80s team all enjoyed it despite some gremlins first thing due to the heat. The hospitality of the club and the friendliness of the club members is second to none and a credit to the club.

Lastly many thanks to Stan (exhibiton manager) fo inviting us in the first place after seeing what was a short video of the layout beofre we started work on it and still wanting us after the extra 2 year wait.

Looking forward to exhibiting at the show again.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks 1