Model Rail Scotland 2022

arran

HI All

ST Andrews and Guardbridge will be at Model-rail this year .

This layout the East Neuk clubs new N Gauge and is set in the late 50s till the point  the line shut round the coast in 1965

Regards Arran

260086554_4619138388123861_5267012686385408141_n.jpg

Edited by arran
  • Like 12

On 17/01/2022 at 12:02, woodenhead said:

I was looking at trains last night, I don't know if the timetables have been updated yet, the one's I saw looked different from the one Avanti have published for this week for example - but 76 quid return for an Advance in cattle or 126 quid for cattle with a table.

That's quite a fare for a Model Railway show and there is no way I can do 8 hours driving in one day, so I may not be going and I really like Model Rail Scotland, usually a lot of stuff I won't see south of the border.

I've been looking at Avanti fares now for the BRM London show, a similar price if not slightly more expensive than Glasgow.

So maybe I need a new baseline for what I can expect to pay for a train in this post lockdown environment, there are five exhibitions I want to visit between Feb and April, two-three I can drive to, and two need WCML trains and it's not like I have an orderbook for lots of models to fund at the moment.  Maybe I can go to the ball after all.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Craig Watson said:

Current Scottish restrictions on indoor event numbers ending on 24th January as predicted, announcement being made as I type this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-60037661

Cheers

Craig

Yep, confirmed also on main BBC news web site in last half hour.  Very good news, great show, will be going for sure.

Happy days!

Edited by 70000 Britannia

1 hour ago, Craig Watson said:

Current Scottish restrictions on indoor event numbers ending on 24th January as predicted, announcement being made as I type this.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-scotland-60037661

Indeed, looks like legally permitted to happen.   
For those planning to come, as visitor or exhibitor, note the rules for large events require face coverings and a vaccine passport.   

Details of vaccine passport in this link, including information for those from outside of Scotland. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58422607

- Nigel

• RMweb Premium
32 minutes ago, Nigelcliffe said:

Indeed, looks like legally permitted to happen.   
For those planning to come, as visitor or exhibitor, note the rules for large events require face coverings and a vaccine passport.   

Details of vaccine passport in this link, including information for those from outside of Scotland. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-58422607

- Nigel

Yesss!

Masks etc - a small price to pay!!

Andrew

1 hour ago, 70000 Britannia said:

Yep, confirmed also on main BBC news web site in last half hour.  Very good news, great show, will be going for sure.

Happy days!

Good, on that basis we've booked our tickets from London and we are taking our layout 'abroad' for the very first time.

I'm planning some new 'features' at Glasgow - one of them will be a new train formation built around this beauty, all 29 inches of her in HO and 32 axles! ......................

IMG_20220118_170528.jpg.c0591e5148def76d95ec47c7abb5737a.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Gang;

Great news about Glasgow show being almost certain to go ahead after today's indoor events anouncement. I took the plunge a week or so ago and sorted out the tickets for our usual circuitous route to and from the M4 corridor to the SECC. Dundee and Bradford feature this year in our train journeys to and from Glasgow!

Should be fun and the prospect of a Revolution 320 possibly being available to pick up as a show special whets the appetite even further.

Likely to be my only show attended for a while as duty calls the week after for some Southern Hemisphere time (again!!).

Later,

Stu from EGVN.

• Like 2

I'm going to Model Rail Scotland, realised I am off work on the Friday, so I can go on the first day, that is much cheaper so I have booked a Standard Premium to ensure I am not on a crowded carriage - it's cost a bit more than the standard Advance but I don't want to risk being on a crowded train - not that it will be probably, but it's been a long time since I have been long distance and I am a little trepid.

But I have my Covid Pass and masks so I am all ready

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 2

It is indeed good news about the easing of restrictions on Scottish indoor events, but I have an urgent question for the Model Rail Scotland organisers - are online, print-at-home tickets available? 

The website’s ticket link adds a £1 ‘shipping fee’ so presumably this means tickets are sent by post. Surely the organisers are aware of major problems in many areas with postal deliveries due to Covid reducing Royal Mail’s staff? Ordering a ticket by post currently means uncertainty about delivery. Easier advance ticketing will also avoid Covid-risky queues building up at the entrance to buy tickets on the day.

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, ModRXsouth said:

It is indeed good news about the easing of restrictions on Scottish indoor events, but I have an urgent question for the Model Rail Scotland organisers - are online, print-at-home tickets available? 

The website’s ticket link adds a £1 ‘shipping fee’ so presumably this means tickets are sent by post. Surely the organisers are aware of major problems in many areas with postal deliveries due to Covid reducing Royal Mail’s staff? Ordering a ticket by post currently means uncertainty about delivery. Easier advance ticketing will also avoid Covid-risky queues building up at the entrance to buy tickets on the day.

I'm one of the organisers but don't deal with advance tickets so not 100% sure, I've passed on your query and either myself or one of the team will reply ASAP.

Craig

4 hours ago, ModRXsouth said:

Hi

Advance tickets from The Model Rail Scotland website are via post and this service closes 1 week prior to the show opening allowing Royal Mail enough time to deliver the tickets - we do have plans in place should any tickets not arrive via post and this is handled via our advance ticket Manager whom will deal with this issue should it arise prior to the show.

We also have a option to use Ticketmaster where you can purchase and print your tickets using your home printer or use the QR code on your phone to gain entry - here is the link https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/model-rail-scotland-tickets/artist/5368554

Ticketmaster tickets can be purchased up to show opening each day.

Hope this helps :)

Colin

Publicity

• Like 5

On 19/01/2022 at 18:06, ColinRae said:

Hi

Advance tickets from The Model Rail Scotland website are via post and this service closes 1 week prior to the show opening allowing Royal Mail enough time to deliver the tickets - we do have plans in place should any tickets not arrive via post and this is handled via our advance ticket Manager whom will deal with this issue should it arise prior to the show.

We also have a option to use Ticketmaster where you can purchase and print your tickets using your home printer or use the QR code on your phone to gain entry - here is the link https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/model-rail-scotland-tickets/artist/5368554

Ticketmaster tickets can be purchased up to show opening each day.

Hope this helps :)

Colin

Publicity

Thank you Colin and Craig for replying on behalf of Model Rail Scotland to provide the link to Ticketmaster.
However, just to make others aware that there appears to be no print at home option, only ‘eTicket’ through the Ticketmaster app so a smartphone is required.

• RMweb Premium

So looking forward to this. Not sure if this will be my 50th anniversary visit to the Glasgow show, as it was either '72 or '73 as a young 4 or 5 year old that my mum took me up. Dad was exhibiting with Ayr mrg and its one of my earliest memories getting the train up from Ayr to go to the show.

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Scottish-Exile said:

So looking forward to this. Not sure if this will be my 50th anniversary visit to the Glasgow show, as it was either '72 or '73 as a young 4 or 5 year old that my mum took me up. Dad was exhibiting with Ayr mrg and its one of my earliest memories getting the train up from Ayr to go to the show.

I was at one , it must have been 1969 , I think, because I got the Triang Hornby Book of Trains at one of the stands . My Mum took me again in 1973 . It would have been a big deal for her taking the car up to the big city  and then spending time with her wee boy going round exhibition. Really that’s what you’ve got to call love. In these days it was usually where you were first able to pick up the new Hornby catalogue . Happy days , which I remember every time I go , even though it’s the SECC now and not the grand MacLellan Galleries .   

Less than 5 weeks to go and we are all looking good for Model Rail 2022.

Have you considered buying an advance ticket - this help with crowding - link here to the shop

https://modelrail-scotland.co.uk/shop/

out advance tickets sales close on 18th Feb and are valid for any one day of the show you choose

If you'd rather have a e-ticket please consider Ticketmaster

https://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/search?q=model+rail+scotland

Ticketmaster although a little more expensive - you can purchase these tickets prior to doors open each day of the show

MRS_Dates_Prices.jpg

• Like 2

On 20/01/2022 at 23:33, ModRXsouth said:

Thank you Colin and Craig for replying on behalf of Model Rail Scotland to provide the link to Ticketmaster.
However, just to make others aware that there appears to be no print at home option, only ‘eTicket’ through the Ticketmaster app so a smartphone is required.

Hi - Ill double check this with Ticketmaster, but so long as you can print the barcode that will allow entry.  You can normally access the code on your ticket orders

• RMweb Premium

My first attendance at Model Rail Scotland was 1969, following which I joined Clydeside MRC.  I left the Glasgow area in 1989, but retained my club membership and therefore still affiliated to AMRSS.   It has been a few years since I last did any stewarding or layout operating at the show but I have continued to attend every year to meet up with old friends and acquaintances.  Having broke the habit by being forced to miss 2021 I make no promises for this year.   The rail fare from Carlisle has gone up significantly and I need to find out about how the covid pass will work as although fully vaccinated and boosted I don't currently have a mobile phone.   I do hope to be able to attend again this year, either on the Friday or the Saturday.

• Friendly/supportive 1

3 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

My first attendance at Model Rail Scotland was 1969, following which I joined Clydeside MRC.  I left the Glasgow area in 1989, but retained my club membership and therefore still affiliated to AMRSS.   It has been a few years since I last did any stewarding or layout operating at the show but I have continued to attend every year to meet up with old friends and acquaintances.  Having broke the habit by being forced to miss 2021 I make no promises for this year.   The rail fare from Carlisle has gone up significantly and I need to find out about how the covid pass will work as although fully vaccinated and boosted I don't currently have a mobile phone.   I do hope to be able to attend again this year, either on the Friday or the Saturday.

HI All

If you are attending the show as an exhibitor / or doing stewarding or trader you dont need a covid passport as you as classed as a contractor .

Printouts of your vaccinations is acceptable.

Regards Arran 

12 hours ago, cessna152towser said:

I think this is the right page to get a paper copy of your status sent to you, or to get your status “document” as a PDF which you can then print out:

https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid-19-vaccine/after-your-vaccine/get-a-record-of-your-coronavirus-covid-19-vaccination-status

Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1