Model Rail Scotland 2022

arran

On 26/02/2022 at 12:45, MikeB said:

Bron Hebog and Montague Field.  The latter was the most evocative portrayal of  industrial decay and the recent magazine article did not really capture how the layout oozes (grimy) atmosphere. 

Thanks for the positive comments about Montague Fields Mike. The atmosphere was really oozing on Sunday morning as most of the operating team had been out for a curry on Saturday night. 

Jim

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Jim49 said:

Thanks for the positive comments about Montague Fields Mike. The atmosphere was really oozing on Sunday morning as most of the operating team had been out for a curry on Saturday night. 

Jim

Sounds like a pretty standard show weekend......excellent..

• Agree 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

18 hours ago, Gilbert said:

Sounds like a pretty standard show weekend......excellent..

True enough, but you still wouldn't want to be the one operating the downwind fiddleyard!

Jim

• Funny 1

During the show I was approached by a videographer who was using a tripod and I think we may have been in contact before the show. His name was Andrew and we laid on some special features for him on my Chinese HO layout, BEIJIAO.

I have looked on youtube and not found him yet.

Andrew, are you reading this? Can you PM me please?

Thanks

1 hour ago, TEAMYAKIMA said:

During the show I was approached by a videographer who was using a tripod and I think we may have been in contact before the show. His name was Andrew and we laid on some special features for him on my Chinese HO layout, BEIJIAO.

I have looked on youtube and not found him yet.

Andrew, are you reading this? Can you PM me please?

Thanks

I suspect it would have been Andrew Gebbie.

His channel is H and M Rail

• Like 3

Hi All,

I wonder if someone from the MRS Committee can get in touch with me as I bought a C&C Revolution 320 from the Association stand last Friday and it is a poor runner (I suspect a faulty motor). I have tried the website ‘contact us’ form twice now with no reply so far.

Looking forward to hearing from someone in order to sort out my issues with this, otherwise, fine model.

You have my name and address from the data grab on Friday for the sending on of the missing nameplates.

Regards,

Stu from EGVN

(Stu Wright)

A big thank you to the organisers and staff of MRS from Barton Road. It was a great show as usual, the layout behaved after a 2 and a half year rest, it was nice to catch up with a few people and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It was also an honour to be voted 1st place as a visiting layout, especially when there was such a high standard overall.
We appreciated the heritage bus service put on for the exhibitors as well, that sort of thing goes a long way to making a show more enjoyable when we don't have to think about parking and driving between the hotel and the venue each day!

• Like 3

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Stu from EGDL said:

Hi All,

I wonder if someone from the MRS Committee can get in touch with me as I bought a C&C Revolution 320 from the Association stand last Friday and it is a poor runner (I suspect a faulty motor). I have tried the website ‘contact us’ form twice now with no reply so far.

Looking forward to hearing from someone in order to sort out my issues with this, otherwise, fine model.

You have my name and address from the data grab on Friday for the sending on of the missing nameplates.

Regards,

Stu from EGVN

(Stu Wright)

Hi Stu,

I've passed on your post above so that it can be dealt with by our sales team.

Hopefully one of them will be in touch soon.

Regards

Craig

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Craig Watson said:

Hi Stu,

I've passed on your post above so that it can be dealt with by our sales team.

Hopefully one of them will be in touch soon.

Regards

Craig

Hi Craig,

Many thanks, Colin has now been in touch to say that Arran will deal with my issue after the weekend.

Regards, Stu

• Like 1

FAO Craig/Colin/Arran,

Over a week since I was promised some action to replace the Revolution 320 and nobody has yet been in touch. 
also, no sign yet of the promised nameplates two weeks after the show.

Later,

Stu from EGVN.

• RMweb Premium
20 minutes ago, Stu from EGDL said:

FAO Craig/Colin/Arran,

Over a week since I was promised some action to replace the Revolution 320 and nobody has yet been in touch. 

Later,

Stu from EGVN.

Yes not great . Have you tried a PM to Arran . He is on this forum and in fact has posted on this thread . From what I can see he was active and making postings on the Stonehaven derailment , so he is around 

• RMweb Premium
3 hours ago, Stu from EGDL said:

FAO Craig/Colin/Arran,

Later,

Stu from EGVN.

Hi Stu,

I believe Arran has messaged you now, we're all meeting up today to review the show and continuing the organising of next year, I've made him aware of your post.

Thanks

Craig 

Edited by Craig Watson
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Craig Watson said:

Hi Stu,

I believe Arran has messaged you now, we're all meeting up today to review the show and continuing the organising of next year, I've made him aware of your post.

Thanks

Craig 

Hi Craig; 

I messaged Arran direct and have made arrangements for a replacement.

Thanks..STU

• Like 2