R C Trains web site

Tickplan

Thanks for checking. That is the address I am using but it is still not working. Having run the Windows Troubleshooter I get the following: "Your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device Detected or resource (www.rctrains.co.uk) is not responding" All very odd.

• RMweb Gold

That's strange.

I clicked on smokebox's link and got straight to the site.

I browsed a few pages but now all I get is "This site can't be reached".

All very odd.

Kev.

Pleased (sort of ) that it's not just me. This seems to suggest that you can access the site initially but you can't go back there after that first visit. Googling the issue came up with a similar problem with site on another forum a year or so ago. I am sure someone with more computer knowledge than myself can explain this but in the meantime it is of little comfort to those wanting to make purchases from the site, or the owners wanting to make sales.

• 3 months later...

The site still has problems & lasts for about 5 page clicks if your lucky & then get "browser says the site can't be reached" Not sure why the site is not taken down until its fixed with a simple redirection to there blog. I personally wouldn't trust an order with the site. Shame as its very informative & has a good Goole position. Shame to loose all this for the sake of 30mins of work.
Its almost like their server is picking up on my IP address & blocking me for 24 hours.  It nearly as frustrating as this sites slowness. lol

Edited by collectors

• 1 year later...

In reply to the posts regarding the RCTrains website, Phil is aware of the frustrating problems but it isn't a five minute fix. It seems the web host did an update and restored the page to a previous backup which has an old and unknown password, thus preventing the new receivers etc from being added. RCTrains is still trading so if the website is down please phone, email or if that fails, message me and I'll pass your message on. Jane Partridge (Mrs RCTrains). 

• Like 1