Purchasing R&R software - latest situation?

maidstone

I was unaware of the purchasing issues with Herr Friewald until I tried purchasing an upgrade to my Bronze Ver 8. The ordering process has rejected my Btinternet.com  email address and just says use another email address. Has anyone purchased anything via the web page or is the possibility to purchase anything still zero.

it looks like iTrains or another system is my only option - certainly a strange way to run a business.

• RMweb Premium
6 minutes ago, maidstone said:

I was unaware of the purchasing issues with Herr Friewald until I tried purchasing an upgrade to my Bronze Ver 8. The ordering process has rejected my Btinternet.com  email address and just says use another email address. Has anyone purchased anything via the web page or is the possibility to purchase anything still zero.

it looks like iTrains or another system is my only option - certainly a strange way to run a business.

Are you trying to upgrade to silver or gold?

If not personally I wouldn't update from Bronze 8 to Bronze 9

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Andymsa said:

Look in the announcement section of his forum, you will see that BT emails are locked from being used when purchasing. This was because BT users have had issues receiving emails from him.

Yes I had that problem. The confirmation email with the license code never came despite being sent repeatedly. I assume it was over-zealous spam filters within BT mail. That may or may not have changed now that BT Mail has since been upgraded. 

• RMweb Gold
On 27/11/2021 at 09:54, franciswilliamwebb said:

As an ex-Traincontroller user, I can confidently recommend iTrain. It does everything I ever did in Traincontroller and I’ve been more than happy since swapping over.

Can you say what version you swapped from and what sort of level of sophistication you used in TC.  I’m led to believe that iTrain wins on the standard stuff but can sometimes be wanting if you’re used to doing ‘clever’ stuff in TC.  As an example, I use TC variables to carry routing information forwards with them to apply when they get to my terminal station.  This allows me to ‘soft call’ their destination platform while still being able to modify it when I’m in signalman mode.

Paul.

• Agree 2

• 3 months later...

As an ex-Traincontroller user, I can confidently recommend iTrain. It does everything I ever did in Traincontroller and I’ve been more than happy since swapping over.

Francis, can you say what prompted the switch to iTrain; after all, it's plain that a great deal of time must be put in to either one to be able to use them successfully?

• Agree 1

You may be uniquely in demand here as the only individual with a working knowledge of both systems

• Agree 1

I also spent a few months with TC9 before swapping to iTrain - never looked back and never had to speak to Freiwald again after changing (that was possibly the biggest benefit)

Edited by WIMorrison
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1