NEW ANNOUNCEMENT - Accurascale Pre-TOPS and TOPS HUO Wagons in OO/4mm Back By Popular Demand

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Our humble HUO hopper wagon is coming back!

Due to popular demand, we are delighted to announce new packs of the first Accurascale model, the 24.5 ton BR coal hopper wagon. These are an essential part of our "Powering Britain" series of coal wagons through the ages of the railway, providing essential service to the power stations across the country from the 1950s to the 1980s.

12822964_HUO_Master_webImages_square_v4_PACK_U.jpg.fa60f8a79753befdcd59ccebb39ee437.jpg

Available in both pre-TOPS and TOPS guises, four new three packs are now available to pre-order. Delivery is slated for Q2 2022, with pre-production decorated samples due soon. As ever, we love to give you the very best value, with three highly detailed wagons for an excellent price of just £69.95 per pack and a further 10% off when you buy two packs or more direct via our website.

Pre-order yours via your local Accurascale stockist, or direct by clicking here: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/24-5t-huo-coal-hopper-oo-gauge

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 8
  • Round of applause 4

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, phil gollin said:

What does the yellow triangle mean, and over what dates was it applied ?

Thanks.

Hi @phil gollin,

It was a visual aid to let workers that the wagon could hold 24.5 tons rather than 21 - the MEOs got them, too. They first appeared some time in the late 1960s so none had it from new and not all got it either.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @phil gollin,

It was a visual aid to let workers that the wagon could hold 24.5 tons rather than 21 - the MEOs got them, too. They first appeared some time in the late 1960s so none had it from new and not all got it either.

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks

Well, that puts the kybosh on my buying any, but good luck to Accurascale.

38 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Theyre very easy to remove, a cocktail stick, scratching and some water works well.

Cheers!

Fran

Or T Cut of course.

I wouldn't let that discourage me from buying them

As a matter of interest Fran, are these different vehicle numbers to previous releases please ? 

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Covkid said:

Or T Cut of course.

I wouldn't let that discourage me from buying them

As a matter of interest Fran, are these different vehicle numbers to previous releases please ? 

Absolutely. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Covkid said:

2 minutes ago, McC said:

Absolutely. 

Didn't need to ask did I !!.  That fantastic forward thinking company Accurascale.  

• Friendly/supportive 1

5 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @phil gollin,

Cheers!

Fran 

Fran Sorry but it was much earlier, It is clearly mentioned in the BR booklet on markings etc. no. BR87209 issued December 1958. To readily distinguish from 21T hoppers. Many should have had it from new. 

Paul

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

Fran Sorry but it was much earlier, It is clearly mentioned in the BR booklet on markings etc. no. BR87209 issued December 1958. To readily distinguish from 21T hoppers. Many should have had it from new. 

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the clarification. Will have to update our info and let the person who informed us know. Still, better news for @phil gollin!

Cheers!

Fran  

• Like 1

On 30/11/2021 at 23:27, hmrspaul said:

Paul

To update the information I've now found in my files that the instruction to paint both 24 1/2 ton hoppers and flat bottom minerals (later MEO) with these triangles was given in early 1955. 

Paul

• Informative/Useful 5

• RMweb Gold
9 hours ago, hmrspaul said:

To update the information I've now found in my files that the instruction to paint both 24 1/2 ton hoppers and flat bottom minerals (later MEO) with these triangles was given in early 1955. 

Paul

Thanks for the update, Paul. Much earlier than I originally thought!

Cheers!

Fran 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

The new releases in our 'Powering Britain' range are coming thick and fast. A couple of weeks ago our brand new and rather lovely HYA hopper wagons arrived in stock, and yesterday we confirmed that our first packs of the iconic HAA MGR hopper wagons will arrive in stock next week. We can now confirm that the HOP 24/HUO hopper wagons in OO/4mm also arrive in stock next week!

P1049629.jpg.51ad99373a5da9c1a6254fa53eecec6f.jpg

We have four grey triple packs available of our gorgeous BR hoppers, with pre-TOPS and TOPS era covered, available both direct and via local stockists. We also have our one-off bauxite hopper wagon which forms part of the "Accurascale Exclusives" range, with special presentation packaging and a limited production run which is now almost sold out.

Order here: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/24-5t-huo-coal-hopper-oo-gauge/availability_pre-order?

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/04/2022 at 13:31, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi everyone,

The new releases in our 'Powering Britain' range are coming thick and fast. A couple of weeks ago our brand new and rather lovely HYA hopper wagons arrived in stock, and yesterday we confirmed that our first packs of the iconic HAA MGR hopper wagons will arrive in stock next week. We can now confirm that the HOP 24/HUO hopper wagons in OO/4mm also arrive in stock next week!

P1049629.jpg.51ad99373a5da9c1a6254fa53eecec6f.jpg

We have four grey triple packs available of our gorgeous BR hoppers, with pre-TOPS and TOPS era covered, available both direct and via local stockists. We also have our one-off bauxite hopper wagon which forms part of the "Accurascale Exclusives" range, with special presentation packaging and a limited production run which is now almost sold out.

Order here: https://accurascale.co.uk/collections/24-5t-huo-coal-hopper-oo-gauge/availability_pre-order?

Cheers!

Fran 

And the prototype https://PaulBartlett.zenfolio.com/brhopperhuo/ed2e92ce

Paul

• Like 2

On 10/05/2022 at 18:05, Global said:

Would these have run through the Chesterfield/Tinsley area in the mid 80s at all?!

They would certainly have been common up until the very early 80's, at which point unfitted mineral traffic started to die off. By the mid 80's, most coal trains were of the air braked block variety (usually MGR), and mixed freights were either vacuum fitted, or air braked as part of the speedlink network.

My guess is that they would have been mega rare, if not non-existent in your area by that time. Any unfitted vehicles that had survived at that point tended to be on specific local flows. For instance, South Wales still had a number of unfitted MDO's on certain coal circuits, but they didn't stray away from the area. HUO's were similar I believe.

Regards,

Cameron

Edited by Mophead45143
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...