• RMweb Premium

Hello

Slightly nerdy question here, but will this issue conclude the combined 2020-2021 volume? I get my MRJs bound (the only model magazine worth it!) and I noticed that the page numbering has run continuously from the beginning of 2020 to now, so I plan to have both years’ issues bound in the same case if the pagination run ends with this issue.

Best

Richard 

Edited by RichardT
Clarity
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Trying to locate a subscription to MRJ is not as easy as one would imagine.

I read it’s only phone and snail mail which is absolutely fine.

I just thought somewhere you could find send a cheque for X for 6 issues.

l have found the address.

37C6401E-F2D9-4419-A7B6-484134DD47CE.png.d525caeccd0011e9a25433dc8878bd5a.png

But not an amount payable.

I’d sooner not use news stand, I could use Thunderbolt but the P&P adds up and it’s an Xmas present so it doesn’t quite work. Unless MRJ direct is the same cost which I don’t know! 
Any help appreciated or I’ll phone on Monday.

Cheers..  

PS no dedicated MRJ website I’m guessing as it’s all paper and pen? Otherwise I’m sure Goofle would of turned it up.

• RMweb Premium

The details given above are no longer valid for MRJ. Only subscriptions for four issues at a time are being accepted at £22 and the new contact address is:

Cygnet Magazines

c/o Elgar Books

10, Bradshaw Crescent

Honley

Holmfirth

Huddersfield

HS9 6EG

Telephone enquiries are still at Didcot on 01235 816478

Dave

Edited by Dave Hunt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

17 hours ago, Dave Hunt said:

Cygnet Magazines

c/o Elgar Books

10, Bradshaw Crescent

Honley

Holmfirth

Huddersfield

HS9 6EG

Can you check the postcode, please?

It appears to be wrong as I believe the code for Huddersfield is HD.  Perhaps the postcode should be:  HD9 6EG 

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Bonafide said:

It appears to be wrong as I believe the code for Huddersfield is HD.  Perhaps the postcode should be:  HD9 6EG 

Here is the address as given by @Not Jeremy (I link rather than transcribe to avoid introducing errors):

This appears to confirm your proposed emendation.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
4 hours ago, Bonafide said:

My apologies, I mistyped it. The correct postcode is HD9 6EG

Dave

50 minutes ago, Tim Dubya said:

I want mine too :(

Screenshot_20211207-192901-533.png.5cbcd50580d07b60e370fc55ad06b59d.png

Go on, go on, go on....

I only get it for the pictures tbh

Is that because the font they use these days is harder to read than in the good old days when our eyes used to work?:jester:

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

Thanks to not Jeremy and the crew at Titfield Thunderbolt, MRJ and one other item, and a host of postcards and other freebies, arrived in what I now call "Postie No Bendy" packaging.

Book, magazine and extras packed with a very stiff board (hardback book cover material, that's the No Bendy bit) in a brown paper bag which was inside a strong taped polythene bag which was then inside a bubble wrap envelope, well worth the p&p so that it didn't get damaged. 

The p&p is well below the cost of repeated trips to WHS to find damaged copies or not in stock.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

27 minutes ago, Metropolitan H said:

The post hasn't brought my subs copy yet, but at lunch time today I noted a good stock in the Milton Keynes branch of WHS. Hopefully the postie will deliver before the weekend.

Regards

Chris H

A call to MRJ provided the information that the subs. copies were posted at the weekend.

It is a little annoying for those of us who commit to support MRJ long-term that we could obtain our copies sooner via WHS etc.

Cygnet please note.

CJI.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Still all quiet on the Eastern Front. At least I got the latest Scalefour News this week to keep me occupied (even better than usual with a piece on modelling a rare LNWR Sleeper Coach).

I have bought MRJ by subscription for many years and delivery has always been rather erratic, sometimes before it was in the newsagents and sometimes days after.

It is disappointing that, by supporting Wild Swan/Cygnet's cashflow by paying for 4 (originally 8) copies in advance, subscription  buyers don't get a bit of priority.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1

20 hours ago, cctransuk said:

A call to MRJ provided the information that the subs. copies were posted at the weekend.

It is a little annoying for those of us who commit to support MRJ long-term that we could obtain our copies sooner via WHS etc.

Cygnet please note.

CJI.

Only fair to report that my subs. copy arrived in today's post.

CJI.

• Like 1