even more ideas about jigs !!!!!

been reading the 2mm association book about track making (i model 4mm)

but they seem to build several jigs for all there angle's  ,plus they warn about not damaging the jigs with the file .

So I've come up with these two ideas 

218708291_mk2trackjig.jpg.2c623dbda5b00ed8459c637d0b7e2df7.jpg47137073_mk1trackjig.jpg.c53025e12ad472ed0d4395903c28c39e.jpg

MK 1 was mainly for switch rails .the idea been the top half wound slide on the bottom jig and hardly come into contact with the file thus not wearing out .

still needs a bit of work but you get the basic idea 

did think about using a belt sander turned upside down and cutting the belt down to say 1" to 2" wide and run that in the middle of the sander and have a frame around the sander then the top part of  jig 1 would straddle the belt but still sit on the plate of the belt sander (mainly because I've got two belt sanders !!!)

MK 2 would be mainly for crossing vee's  (although could be for everything) IF it was made of steel I'd have to have it made by someone else .the idea is the 1mm thick alumin  shims can be easy to make yourself  for any angle and slot over pins 1 and 3 to hold it in then the rail sits against the shim at the angle then part B slots onto the pins and gets held in a vice .one down side is only one rail at a time could be done !

Would appreciate your feedback (both good and bad lol) as many on here are much more skilled then me and see where  I've gone wrong (f***ed up)

many thanks 

• Craftsmanship/clever 1