Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Dewsbury Midland

w124bob

• 2 weeks later...

Teaser for today, 350 was a very local engine from 1966 to '71 being based at Healey Mills. Just one of nearly 30 photos of 350 taken recently, I will post more in the next few days. Had some fun weathering this, there are about 4 layers of acrylic, powders, oils and varnish(Dulcote) on this. Full yellow ends were robbed from a blue loco, the half yellow ends will get a repaint in due cause. 

350 pic28.jpg

• Like 8

Most of my recent images for DM are already cropped and edited to a size suitable for this forum. If you look at the O gauge Jinty for example(via the Flickr albums) that image can be enlarged because it's never been edited in any way. I'm not an expert on this photography stuff, just from previous experience images over a certain size don't tend to load up on here. Perhaps there should be a "how to photograph models" thread!

The Bachmann crane from a couple of years ago first time on the DM thread.

Crane 10.jpg

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 7
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back to 1969 and we find D165 with a mixed rake of maroon and Blue/grey coaches passing through Dewsbury Midland. The loco was a late survivor in this livery, lasting until October 1972 before going into Derby works.

D165 pic 3.jpg

D165 pic 1.jpg

• Like 11
  • Round of applause 1

The crane and support vehicles first appeared in the Bachmann section when the model was released, but to recap the support vehicles are example of real ones, but not seen in the same train. Mess coach is based on a Gresley one used by Colchester area S&T, the packing van is one of several ex blue spot fish vans, mine is numbered after one used by Immingham as was the Thompson BG in almost original condition. Full set of images here, click image below for Flickr album, just realised I have no pictures of the fishvan(Parkside kit)

25321 & Breakdown crane

Crane 17.jpg

Crane 16.jpg

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 9

I took these at the same time as D165, unfortunatley the loco just wouldn't photograph very well. My weathering made the loco look very washed out in the pictures, I'm no photoshop expert, but I've played around with the exposure and contrast(and size) on the Chromebook. Now you can judge for yourselfs. 

20220503_132336.jpg

20220503_132715.jpg

20220503_132726.jpg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, BMacdermott said:

Many thanks for all the photos!

I am a 'big fan' of the layout in steam mode and have appreciated seeing at shows over the years. 🙂

Brian

I have several steam weathering/renumber projects to come, 9Fx2, Fairburn tank and a must for the area a WD 2-8-0. So hopefully I can keep you happy!

• Like 1

A Thursday bonus, Flangeway's new corrected Salmon wagons with Shapeways Stumec cranes and a rail load, a third wagon is plain and will get 3 or 4 track panels. I will use P4 flexi to fill the full width.

Salmon wagons at Dewsbury Midland..jpg

• Like 5

Today we find  D16 Nottingham Divsion 7616 drifting down past the back alleys of Dewsbury Miland towards the station, the LM was quite slow to adopt two letter shed codes. In reality D16 consisted of just 4 sheds, Colwick, Derby, Burton and Toton and only Toton had any real loco's allocated. Colwick was to close before the TOPS era and Derby and Burton were only home to class 08's .

7616 pic 4.jpg

7616 pic 5.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

D5813 of Tinsley wanders through Dewsbury Midland light engine, one of a just a handful which recieved the double arrow whilst still wearing SYE green, the loco was to leave West Yorkishire for Bristol in early '72. It's a Hornby(from the high end range)loco but with the exhaust modified and improved headcode glazing to try to add some depth.

D5813 pic10.jpg

D5813 pic9.jpg

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 10

• 2 weeks later...

Today we step forward to the early days of Railfreight as 56040 passes with a rake of HEA hoppers. Now I know I said some steam would appear but these were taken tonight as it was supposed to be a Grid night, sort of! Next post will be steam. 

56040 pic16.jpg

56040 pic11.jpg

• Like 10

So the crew down at the wharf have fired up the ancient Peckett rather than do the transfer down to the Midland with the Sentinel,

Peckett pic2.jpg

Peckett pic5.jpg

In the yard we find todays trip engine is 2091

2091 pic9.jpg

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 9

Dewsbury wharf (so named by myself just for this thread)is an entirely separate layout built some years ago by an MMRS member and now acquired by a section of the MMRS, it's a simple 8ftx16inch shunting plank. It now forms part of a larger modular layout which will make it's debut soon.

Edited by w124bob
  • Like 2