Image restoration from pre-May 2021 continues and may take an indefinite period of time.

New layout, no name yet

Progress of the build so far, added new end board with hole for exit to fiddle yard, relayed new track, very similar track plan to EOTS ,removed diamond crossing and two turnouts and replaced one right hand turnout.

Added new track where needed, just track to fiddle yard to do, when i build the fiddle board, all wired up, led lights have been rewired.

Thinking of a urban industrial spur, 3 industries to switch, still planning buildings location and period/railroads.

More to follow as and when

1n.jpg.e40d0f424e5059a4965b75a2d1a1aa52.jpg2n.jpg.157cd2ab16a99486939f0501251e35ec.jpg3n.jpg.8be145fd542c50788f719f719a94ada8.jpg4n.jpg.4c6b2348c66fe58f6d9b2385ca8deb9b.jpg1418546732_END96REBUILDtrackonly(2).jpg.a3c213b6b6c3afc2f72837262aacf408.jpg405877463_endofthespur.JPG.257a7b45215119b4b44f8923bcc0bd5a.JPG

• Like 9

19 hours ago, NickBrad said:

It's interesting to me that you have gone with a similar plan in many ways, i guess if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it :)

The track plan worked well, so happy to stay with it, only down side i can see is when switching, the first spur, when pulling all the cars out, the loco will be in the fiddle yard, so i've decided to have an open fiddle yard like on 59th and Rust.

The fiddle yards been built, just needed some small strips of 2mm MDF walls to stop stock falling off,  remaining track laid and wired up, all tested ,works ok.

IMG_20211215_132306.jpg

IMG_20211215_132313.jpg

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

415997054_MANBRANCH.jpg.14493f4320a94772049ee5443cb38359.jpg

Been planning buildings and operations, train lengths will be 3 cars + caboose, all trains will propel in with caboose leading, this is set in stone.

There are 3 rail served industries.

National recycling.

Receives                                                            ships loaded

Empty box cars                                               recycled paper

Empty ACF cyl hoppers                                    glass cullet

T & G castings

Receives                                                           ships  empty

loaded 2 bay c/hopper

with moulding sand

Wakefern food corp

Receives/loaded                                             ships empties

50' Airslides/floor

39' Airslide/ sugar

corn syrup tanks

they receive 4 different grades of corn syrup, with there only being one unloading point, the corn syrup tanks are held on track H( see plan) and switched when needed. (though tracks J and H may change around after testing)

Extensive testing will take place over the Christmas period(with help from a glass or two) then building design will start.

Location, as you can see( not set in stone) is CSAO Manufacturer branch Newark NJ, which means i can back date to the 70-80's CNJ,PC, and Conrail.

See you in the New year!!

Edited by long island jack
  • Like 8

12 minutes ago, z4driver said:

Hi Ray, as I said on Facebook, I'd be really interested a a series on how you construct your buildings.

Cheers Lee

Will be starting on buildings in new year.

Depending how testing goes over Christmas period, may start on building carcasses, made from either card, 2mm MDF or plasticard or a mix of them all.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, long island jack said:

:scratchhead::scratchhead::scratchhead::read:

Its an ancient RMweb joke. Once upon a time they tried to create a modular standard for OO. They held a survey to come up with a name. Dave barely lost out but most people kept calling it Dave. Sort of like Boaty McBoatface. 

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

Its an ancient RMweb joke. Once upon a time they tried to create a modular standard for OO. They held a survey to come up with a name. Dave barely lost out but most people kept calling it Dave. Sort of like Boaty McBoatface. 

I guess it’s real name was Rodney…?

PS: (and on topic) - am impressed with the mock-up buildings.  It’s something I’ve thought about before but not tried.  Seeing them like this (and annotated as such) is very effective.  Thanks for the inspiration, Keith.

Edited by Keith Addenbrooke
  • Like 1
  • Agree 2