Class 156 problem. Hoping for some inspiration please

berwicksfinest

I'm hoping for a flash of inspiration please

I have a Class 156 for a while and have changed the body shells, so making sure i haven't ham-fisted it, I put both vehicles on the track for the first time with me. powered up and both sound fired into life and engines revved and nothing, lights are on, it would appear the each vehicle is going in opposite directions, causing it not to go anywhere ................

BUT 

i'm DC only !!! so you can imagine the surprise to hear the engine spark into life !! Now the problem being I have no DCC equipment whatsoever. so basically how can i get the vehicles heading in the same direction 

Thanks all

You will need to find someone with a DCC system local to you, or your local model shop (if you have a good relationship with them) and ask them to add 1 (one) to the setting value of CV29 in one of the units. This will reverse the direction of travel in the one unit and so both units will travel in the same direction. If they are DCC knowledgeable they will know what to do. 

Hiya Charlie

Yes it was off a well know auction site probably well over a year ago, at the time nothing was ever mentioned about DCC let alone sound. and I'm still locked in the technology less  era. So just running on DC.

But engine starts and revs fine and lights work correctly just they pull away from one another 

If you promise not to laugh ......... on an analogue Lima controller

• 1 year later...