The Siphon G, by Accurascale - From Milk To Mail!

6 minutes ago, Islesy said:

How do Dave, thanks for your feedback here - this is one of the issues central to my EP feedback, there is some degree of adjustment needed with planking which will be in place by the arrival of the decoration samples.

I think there was one the prototype that had doors made up of 3 full width planks and this was copied by Lima the remaining ones seemed to have doors made up of a half plank two full planks and one half plank.

1005SiphonGO62Off.jpg

Edited by David Bigcheeseplant
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold

Many congratulations to Accurascale (and 'little helpers':)) on this welcome announcement!

In what was The 00 Wishlist Poll, the Siphons have variously been either very High Polling or actually in The Top 50.

In the last Poll to run (2019) the Internal Frame version was in overall position equal 19; the Outside Frame version missed The Top 50 by just four votes!

We wish the project every success (and I, personally, am just off to place an order for some!)

Brian (on behalf of The 00 Poll Team)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, David Bigcheeseplant said:

I think there was one the prototype that had doors made up of 4 full width planks and this was copied by Lima the remaining ones seemed to have doors made up of a half plank three full planks and one half plank.

It goes a little deeper than that as well Dave, but it's all in hand to be amended...

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Unfortunately will need to wait until after Xmas to order ££ just spent today on the incoming Bachmann 47 and another blue Porthole which has thankfully started dropping in price. Can see preorders flying in on the accurascale site, so a popular release.

But a query for the accurascale guys, W1013 of diagram O.62 was fitted with side louvres as Paul Bartlett’s excellent site shows, but not shown on the accurascale graphics - will the louvres be on the final model appreciating that the images are computer generated?

Despite being GWR, a railway which brings me out in hives. this is a very good call, and even worked on the proper Premier Line behind proper electric locos on some of the very eclectic parcels trains of the 60s and 70s.  I remember seeing them rushing past my primary school behind 85s and 86s in the early 70s so I suspect a couple will make their way to Wednesford.

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
10 minutes ago, Downendian said:

W1013 of diagram O.62 was fitted with side louvres as Paul Bartlett’s excellent site shows, but not shown on the accurascale graphics - will the louvres be on the final model appreciating that the images are computer generated?

Photos of that EP Sample will be added to the site in the coming days, it's a little hard to make out but the Louvres are there on the CAD of the decoration plan, Hope that helps!

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, McC said:

Photos of that EP Sample will be added to the site in the coming days, it's a little hard to make out but the Louvres are there on the CAD of the decoration plan, Hope that helps!

Ah so they are, must check more carefully. Thanks for the quick response.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, McC said:

\A quick photo of that variant...

Screenshot 2021-12-16 at 13.15.52.png

• Like 7

These do look mouthwatering. But surprised no M34 in an earlier BR livery given that the conversions were done before nationalisation. Some at least will have spent more of their life in a livery/liveries other than Railblue. 

• Agree 2

Ugh...NPCCs. You know how to inflict deep wounds on this wallet, those look promising indeed! Do I forsee a Hornby announcement that they've been working on theirs for a full two weeks soon? :P

Still, I'm a bit bitter as I bought a few Lima Siphons for upgrading not so long ago, but once I'm over that shock I can divert those efforts into the Lima LMS GUV instead; unless you're not telling us everything!!!

• Funny 5
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Pteremy said:

These do look mouthwatering. But surprised no M34 in an earlier BR livery given that the conversions were done before nationalisation. Some at least will have spent more of their life in a livery/liveries other than Railblue. 

Hi @Pteremy,

We need to keep something back to make run 2 interesting!

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, The Fatadder said:

Is the pre order full price on order or just a deposit (as per the locos)?

There's no deposit but if you select "manual payment" at the check out you wont be charged until they come into stock (or beforehand if you wish)

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is most excellent news; I will certainly be ordering a couple as GWR/WR modellers will always need some siphons at some stage! 

Regards to ACC2413-2924 in GWR brown, according to the Hugh Longworth book on GWR carriages this was outshopped in April 1940, therefore would it not have been finished with a grey rather than a white roof as the current artwork for this version shows?

It would be much appreciated if this version could be produced with a grey roof as it would save me much time and effort getting the masking tape and Halfords grey bumper spray can out :D

Thanks again.

CoY

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Delighted to see that an ambulance train ward car will be included in the range.

Below is my attempt at one of these cars built nearly 30 years ago. The view of the roof shows why the post war diagram O 59 appears to have a missing roof ventilator.

While a full ambulance train needs typically 14 vehicles, it is documented that while a train was being built the completed ward cars were used as single units, attached to passenger trains.

P1010080.JPG

P4160061.JPG

ac1.jpg

• Like 8
  • Informative/Useful 1