Station sound system.

ERIC ALLTORQUE

• RMweb Premium

Dont know if you guys have thought of doing such a thing but i guess could be right up your street,a chip and speaker loaded with station blurb what could be roof mounted on building,the modern day see it ,dob them in ,sorted type stuff and just life noise in general to bring things aroud the trains to life.Could be wound back to differing eras too so sounds of 1960,s etc.might keep you busy when lockdown strikes............any thoughts peeps,

• RMweb Gold

It's a shame you can't get these modules quandary either load your own sounds to it somehow or put an SD card into it. I have a rural sounds one and quality is excellent but none of the other sounds are suitable for my layout. 

I'm in the process of filling some speakers into station and signalbox and a few other locations and using cheap mp3 speakers and sounds from bbc sounds library 

• Friendly/supportive 1

We do have some sound cards here from Christmas/Birthday Cards @ £4.00 Each which would give approx one minute (Maximum) of sound, these you can record yourself onto the sound card.

Just take the card to the sound (IE Level Crossing Barrier) and record the real sound.

The are worked from small cell batteries.

Let me have your E.Mail and I could send you 5 for £22.50 inc postage, send it to: charlie@dckits.co.uk and I will send you a PayPal invoice.

PPS The train-tech module is the same as the Gaugemaster one.

Charlie

• RMweb Premium

I had a go at an ambient sound generator based round a cheap mp3 module. This and the next blog show what I ended up with.

A cheap solution but it does let you load 10 custom mp3s and costs less than a tenner a module. 

• Craftsmanship/clever 1