My almost Gorebridge layout

bruca1875

Well now!  What a first post by way of introduction!  

Wow!!!

'Almost' is being modest here, as anyone with a passing acquaintance of the original location will attest.

Brilliant, absolutely fabulous; could we see more, please? 

Hi. 
My second post. Just a few more pics. 
Still have to get period  stock and update headcodes etc. 
The last one was a bit of a dream! 
If anyone can help with a signal diagram before the signal box and crossing  was taken out in the 60’s ?  would be great. 

7A424C2C-1BB0-46CB-8E66-3E62163C189F.jpeg

EBE8B714-DE11-4F63-9CDD-FE8F04BB149A.jpeg

48CB8DA3-8329-426F-BA89-4B51027E6BD8.jpeg

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, very nice modelling!

Signalling plans wise I don't have scanned images but I've taken a couple of photos of  A4 schematics I have which come via WRHA and specifically Matt (I hope you don't mind Matthew, but they are photo's rather than scans).

The version dated 'up until 1943' is valid in the station environs until May 61 or there about, the version until closure in 65 suits after 61.

Sorry to muck up your signalling requirements but you've included a double slip between the crossover and the down main/yard, it was a single slip completing the crossover and set back into the yard via the diamond portion from the up, no facing point on the main see. You'll require an additional dolly and an FPL....

Gorebridge Pre-43 but up to 61, in the main.jpg

Gorebrigge 61-65.jpg

Edited by Iain Mac
  • Like 1

I’m only a couple of miles from there and it definitely looks like Gorebridge to me.  

@Ian Mac on the 1965 signalling diagram could Reniston Colliery possibly be Arnistion Colliery, for the Emily or Gore pits?  Wish I’d asked about the Lady Vic signal box when I was considering that model.  That fell victim to over ambition!

• RMweb Gold

It is indeed the long siding (parallel branch effectively) that ran alongside to Arniston turning north alongside the A7 at Shankbridge.

I'd need ti check the maps at nls to see what association the name Reniston has locally, if any? It may just be a missnaming by the chap whom produced the schematics.

I'm not sure if I've got Lady Vic box schematic. I could produce one from photographic records but I'd be guessing which lever was to which signal or rodding run whithout a photo of the frame itself.

I've got right through that area drawn up and geolocated in CAD. Interesting to see the correlation between the new build and the original geometry as it was pretty heavily landscaped as a result of the new A7 alignment.

Iain Mac.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...